Hunting for Trout

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

DrLogik
Bamboo Fanatic

Hunting for Trout

Post by DrLogik »

There was another thread where we were discussing hunting for Trout. I stumbled across this video on YouTube and it's really well done on a number of different levels. Check out his ability to watch, wait, cast and catch a large Trout. The extended mayfly he ties is also really excellent. I found a tyer that explains how to make those extended bodies.

There a few places in the movie that I laughed. When he misses a really large Trout he does the "silent scream". Hahaha... I do that too.

I think you'll enjoy it. Filmed in Sweden and in Swedish but with subtitles.

https://youtu.be/-Nd8w23kLeQ

Update: Their "Lapland Dreams" series are equally intoxicating to watch. Have a few re-used sequences though. Those Arctic Char they are catching are just incredibly beautiful fish! I think I've found my next dream place to fish.

nativebrownie
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Hunting for Trout

Post by nativebrownie »

Very, very nice - thank you for the post... I'll watch again, with care, and a bit of bourbon and water nearby...

tyghguy
Guide

Post by tyghguy »

Talk about living in paradise !! Beautifully Dunn

novisor12
Guide

Post by novisor12 »

The was a nice video. I didn't know they had coffin flies in sweeten (or at least something that looks like them).

Random Casts
Master Guide

Post by Random Casts »

Perhaps some of our Swedish Forum members could give us some background regarding this series of videos on You Tube. The fishing is truly extraordinary.

Sweden might just become the next fishy Valhalla.

Richard
Random Casts

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Thanx! I'm not a fan of fishing vides but this one was pretty good. Mostly 'cause they sounded Polish. :)

Random Casts
Master Guide

Post by Random Casts »

Hellmtflies wrote:
01/19/22 09:31
Thanx! I'm not a fan of fishing vides but this one was pretty good. Mostly 'cause they sounded Polish. :)
So after reading your post Mark, I thought heck why not look up Polish fly fishing videos since I grew up speaking Polish. It’s been a while for me. I could pick out the odd word and phrase but for the most part they might as well have been speaking Swedish! ???

Richard
Random Casts

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Random Casts wrote:
01/19/22 14:28
Hellmtflies wrote:
01/19/22 09:31
So after reading your post Mark, I thought heck why not look up Polish fly fishing videos since I grew up speaking Polish. It’s been a while for me. I could pick out the odd word and phrase but for the most part they might as well have been speaking Swedish! ???

Richard
Ha! Same here. My polish has been weeded down to only a handful of words. Hard to maintain when one doesn't have another to talk to in that language.
It's been a dozen years since I had those conversations with my father. A hard nose pollock if there ever was one. I say that with loving affection. :)

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”