Your other interests or hobbies

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

barebo
Master Guide

Re: Your other interests or hobbies

Post by barebo »

Beautifully landscaped - I love seeing well executed edging on beds. All of your stock looks healthy and manicured nicely. Your lawn looks "weed free" as well. Very Nice!

Bamboocollector#1
Master Guide

Post by Bamboocollector#1 »

Beautiful Greg!
Previously known as bamboocollector11

steeliefool
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by steeliefool »

McHull wrote:
02/07/22 12:13
Painting, preferably outdoors.
watercolor and oil

Image[/url]

Ahh...your joshin' right??!!
That's Monet right?

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

Matt your paintings are fantastic!

tapermaker
Master Guide

Post by tapermaker »

This thread brought back memories . My Grandmother and i were inseperable whem i was young. One time i asked her why she always seemed so happy. Se told me ,the secret to a happy life was to have 3 hobbies . she said you need one that makes you extra money ,one to keep you fit , and the last one had to stir your creative juices. when i looked back i remember her gardening , cooking , making crafts out of thissle and pipe cleaners to sell at farmers mkts. ,always singing a song w/ a big smile . I was lucky in that i found flyfishing which provided me w/ a living , a physical work out ,and a creative sideline of wrapping flies . looling back, grandma gave me some really good advice.

archer829
Guide

Post by archer829 »

Great story and very sage advice!

pgbuilt2
Sport

Post by pgbuilt2 »

Well , like you all , fly fishing/fishing in general , and all of the above that go along with it , are the first passions , Upland Bird Hunting , Trap & Skeet , Antique & Classic Cars , along with a Dragster in the mix… Kind of a diversified mix , won’t even mention the past drummer in a local Rock Band Days … Glad to be added to this forum with You All , amazed with all the talent , knowledge , and craftsmanship , seems like the worlds Best All Play Here ….

RSW
Sport

Post by RSW »

Let’s see, elk hunting, playing my guitars, mountain biking, deep sea fishing, rv camping, gardening, and just about anything that needs to be done. Live in Colorado and vacation either on Vancouver Island BC or Destin Fl. for work I get to build amazing projects all across this great country.
Randy

Mead, CO.

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Looking through this thread made me realize a couple things (though not for the first time):

1) There are many extraordinarily talented folks here
2) I'm certainly not one of those extraordinarily talented folks

That said, my hobbies other than fly fishing are photography, xc skiing, snowshoeing, bird dog training (used to field trial my Brittanys), grouse/woodcock hunting, playing around with habitat management on my property (i.e., chainsaw work and tree planting), and though I'm no longer a runner -- competitive distance running / track & field.

trland
Master Guide

Post by trland »

Currently brewing beer. The workflow fits in well with rodmaking so my brother-in-law and I do both in the same workshop. Also, (although very sporadically since beginning rodmaking 4 years ago) restoring and maintaining a '67 Camaro.

Becksandbrowntrout

Post by Becksandbrowntrout »

Well I run my own business so free time is at a premium have to say it’s pretty much all fishing . In the Uk fly fishing is pretty much all controlled by private clubs I help run two I am treasurer of one, chairman of my local club , I tie flies more in the winter, I have a decent woodwork workshop that I tinker with .

adkfan
Guide

Post by adkfan »

I race canoes kayaks and Adirondack Guideboats. I’ve competed in in races up to 1000 miles in the Yukon and regularly compete in the US but have raced in the UK snd Canada as well as Alaska

thorsma
Sport

Post by thorsma »

Those are beautiful gardens Greg!

jmcj1984
Guide

Post by jmcj1984 »

My other fun things are cycling of all types but mostly mountain biking and touring and a less environmentally friendly sport of off-road Jeep driving / rock crawling camping trips on legal trails and rock and roll music concerts, and lots of metal fabrication of things that move Jeeps, trailers ,gates and what ever people need.

Godfroy
Master Guide

Post by Godfroy »

I make bikes but, unfortunately, they require a bit more storage space than bamboo fly rods. Paul.

BruceHandley
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BruceHandley »

I restore bamboo and wood rods, take in rescue dogs and am trying to restore a scrub section of land back to natural. Using only native grasses, plants etc.
Bruce

herkileez
Sport

Post by herkileez »

A few years ago, my wife and I discovered pickleball, to keep us busy during the "off-season". We now play year-round and love it.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

herkileez wrote:
05/22/22 11:10
A few years ago, my wife and I discovered pickleball, to keep us busy during the "off-season". We now play year-round and love it.
A really fun game. My wife was at one time a rated tennis player, but knee replacement and shoulder issues prevented her from continuing that game. So, she tried pickle ball and loved it. I have since began to play it and have found it to be quite fun. It does cut into my golf and gym time though. :) I do find the time to get in my trout fishing and bird hunting as well. :D Gotta love retirement. 8)

Arubey
Guide

Post by Arubey »

Godfroy wrote:
05/19/22 16:44
I make bikes but, unfortunately, they require a bit more storage space than bamboo fly rods. Paul.

Beautiful work, Paul - especially the last two rando/all road bikes!
A. Rubey Rod Co.
rubeyrods.com

herkileez
Sport

Post by herkileez »

Hellmtflies wrote:
05/23/22 09:43
herkileez wrote:
05/22/22 11:10
A really fun game. My wife was at one time a rated tennis player, but knee replacement and shoulder issues prevented her from continuing that game. So, she tried pickle ball and loved it. I have since began to play it and have found it to be quite fun. It does cut into my golf and gym time though. :) I do find the time to get in my trout fishing and bird hunting as well. :D Gotta love retirement. 8)
I try to play Mon/Wed/Fri...(and limp Tues/Thurs/Sat)...while waiting for fishing to start.
Retirement is the best job I never had...

Return to “Members Corner”