VRG Restart

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

WIHEXROD
Master Guide

VRG Restart

Post by WIHEXROD »

This was posted to the Rodmakers List.

Good day list members. A group of us on the bamboo rod makers list are attempting to resume the virtual rodmakers gatherings. We cannot duplicate the great job that Lowell did, but we do hope to have some meetings that are informative and give an opportunity for us to network.

I have volunteered to be the host. The group that gathered together to get this going included Dave and Mary Ann Dozer, Moreno Borriero, Anders Johnnesson, Todd Talsma, Scott Grady, Scott Davis, Dana Fish, JW Healy, and me.

The first step is to get a new list of members who want to receive the VRG invitations. Below you will see a link that you can click on. Use of the link will put your information on a spreadsheet that I will have access to on my computer. Then when we schedule a meeting I can simply highlight, copy, and paste the list of emails from the spreadsheet onto the Zoom meeting invitation.

If you want to receive VRG invitations the only way to get on the participant list is to CLICK HERE <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link>

The first meeting will be March 12. A month's delay from now will give us time to confirm the presentation and for all of you to get on the list to receive an invitation for that meeting and all others to come. More information will be coming soon.

Doug Hojem

WIHEXROD
Master Guide

Re: VRG Restart

Post by WIHEXROD »

Hi all:

Good news: 105 of us have sent our information to my spreadsheet so that they can receive the formal Zoom invitations for our VRG meetings.

I had previously said that the first VRG meeting would be on March 12, but we have had to change that to March 19 (9:00 a.m. Pacific Time) in order to accommodate the schedule of our program presenters. The program will be an extremely interesting one: Alberto Poratelli with the assistance of Moreno Borriero will present a two subject program: bamboo ferrules and shark tooth hollowing. We will also have a session of breakout rooms that day.

If you want to receive invitations to this and subsequent VRG meetings click on the link below and supply the information requested. If you have already done that, please don't do it a second time.

About 5 days before the meeting date I will send a formal Zoom invitation to all on the spreadsheet. But mark your calendars now to save the date!

Doug

CLICK HERE
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link>

Anders Johannesson
Sport

Post by Anders Johannesson »

Dear all,

next presentation will be oct 29.

If not yet registered, give it a try. During the winter there will be a lot of interesting program. It's free!

Anders Johannesson
Sport

Post by Anders Johannesson »

Next meeting will be jan 28 2023.

Per Brandin will give a speech over tapers and hollowing

Starts 09:00 pacific time - in the morning

As usual link for registration for formal invitation to be found higher up in the thread. For those already on the Invitation list the it invitationwill go automatically in your in box approx one week in advance.

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”