Pezon et Michel Ritz Parabolic 8' 2"

The exchange of tapers forum is for classic and personally developed tapers. The definition of classic tapers are those tapers that were developed by rodmakers that are no longer alive. Please understand that rod makers who have developed their tapers, and are active in the community, should not have their tapers cloned, or shared, without their permission, please refrain for asking for those tapers as it infringes on the maker.

Moderator: pvansch1

craycane

Pezon et Michel Ritz Parabolic 8' 2"

Post by craycane »

Would anyone have the taper for this rod please?

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Pezon et Michel Ritz Parabolic 8' 2"

Post by Canewrap »

There is a P&M Parabolic 8'2" on David Ray's taper Library site. Don't know if that is what you're looking for. Just google David Ray Taper Library.

craycane

Post by craycane »

I don't think it's the precise model I was looking for but I think I now have enough information to reproduce a tip section for the 'Ritz Parabolic'.
Just trying to get my head around the various P&M models with the help of this site: https://splitcaneinfo.com/?page_id=653

Many thanks for your help Canewrap.

Pete

carl otto
Master Guide

Post by carl otto »

Craycane:

Thanks so much for the link to this site! The referenced Pezon catalogs and information sheets and the photos of the Pezon rod production just great.

The number of tapers and rod varieties probably leads to some confusion and therefore low value on the after market. Coupled with the fact they mostly built rods in the 5-7 weight range, and that dang gone staggered ferrule concept. The French, mon dieux!

When I was young, and dearly wanted a Paul Young Para 15, but insufficiently funded, Bob Summers took pity and sold me an 8'0" Pezon et Michel Special Competition with a wink and a nod. Well what do you know about that? I say no more.

Carl

craycane

Post by craycane »

Yes, I'm very thankful for Per Egholm Andersen's site, it's a very useful resource. It must have taken quite a lot of time to pull this stuff together.
Pete

Morten

Post by Morten »

I know that Per Egholm, would be great full for scans of catalogs from various builders, to accomplice his site.

Return to “Taper Exchange”