Alan Petrucci has passed

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Greg Reynolds
Bamboo Fanatic

Alan Petrucci has passed

Post by Greg Reynolds »

Alan Petrucci passed away on February 19th. His blog Small Streams Reflections, which focused on wild trout, was written from the heart, lovely and had a significant following. He was the author of Thin Blue Lines, which he privately printed.

Condolences to his wife Jeanette and family.

I'll miss him...

http://smallstreamreflections.blogspot.com/

gt05254
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Alan Petrucci has passed

Post by gt05254 »

His blog was lovely; he certainly seemed to know what is important in this life. He will be missed by many...probably a great many that he didn't even know existed, who enjoyed his thoughts on fishing from afar.
Rest peacefully, Alan, you deserve it.
Gary

norcal_1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by norcal_1 »

So sad, I loved his blog.

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Greg thanks so much for posting Alan’s passing. I had no knowledge of his blog but now I will seek it out. Blessings to his family and all the support he had. Jed
Fefferfly

reddfinn

Post by reddfinn »

This is awful news. Though a new member here I read Alan's blog regularly for years. His passion for small steams and wild brook trout was both infectious and inspirational. He had a way with words. My condolences to his family.

Greg Reynolds
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Greg Reynolds »

nativebrownie
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by nativebrownie »

Shocked and saddened - looked forward to his joy and serenity - always visited. He touched so many. Boy, he loved those spiders and bombers - his serenity and joy were singular.
Truly, no one understood and marveled with such joy while afoot in a Brook Trout Forest. Will be really, really missed...
All my sympathies for his blessed family... RIP Alan Petrucci

Dave Westburg
Guide

Post by Dave Westburg »

Alan's blog brightened my life. In a time of hero shots and over-juiced fishing videos Alan held up the simple pleasures of a relaxed morning on the water catching brookies. Here's to you alan.

Brier549
Guide

Post by Brier549 »

We never met in person but I considered Alan a friend. I will miss him and his blog greatly. RIP,my friend

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

I didn't recognize Alan's name initially but I was a frequent visitor of his Small Stream Reflections blog for many years. I'm saddened to hear of his passing, his photography was quite remarkable and intimate and his prose touched my heart similar to reading Gene Hill. My condolences to his family and to all who knew him, I will read through some of his passages tonight and raise a glass to him.

Eperous
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Eperous »

Greg Reynolds wrote:
02/22/22 15:09
... His blog Small Streams Reflections, which focused on wild trout, was written from the heart, lovely and had a significant following. He was the author of Thin Blue Lines, which he privately printed.

Condolences to his wife Jeanette and family.

I'll miss him...
Yes, I'll miss him also...

I'd check his blog on a weekly basis, always full of wonderful pictures and prose of a person who loved wandering special places for wild trout... and loved his colorful little book, Thin Blue Lines, full of great photos...

RIP, my friend; condolences to family...

A sad announcement for wild trout lovers all...

Ed

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

I never met Alan, but appreciated his blog. RIP

Return to “Forum Announcements”