catskill cane revival

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

mikec
Guide

catskill cane revival

Post by mikec »

Come, and meet your Maker! the catskill cane revival will take place on april 2 at the roscoe central school gymnasium, from 9am till noon. after that we will return to the catskill fly fishing center for more of their opening day ceremonies, and weather permitting, casting more bamboo rods at the darbee pavilion. bring your rods or try some of ours. as always, youngsters and those of you who are new to bamboo are more than welcome to come and joing us. we will have several great casting instructors to help fine tune your stroke if you would like some help with your cast.
mike c

Caneghost
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: catskill cane revival

Post by Caneghost »

Looking forward to it Mike!
...a wink of gold like the glint of sunlight on polished cane...

brightwatercatskill.art.blog

bavov55460

Post by bavov55460 »

Won’t miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pentalux
Master Guide

Post by Pentalux »

Sounds like fun. Will bring a few Pentalux rods.

upstate
Master Guide

Post by upstate »

I will be there cane and all!!!

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

So… I want to live vicariously through those that were able to attend… how is this beautiful day ?

Caneghost
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Caneghost »

It was a fine day indeed, well attended including rodmakers Dennis Menscer, Per Brandon, Mike Canazon and Rob Smith, along with several talented folks whose names aren't yet known. Many enthusiasts like myself enjoyed casting the various rods made available through the kindness of these gentlemen. One of the Brandins stole my heart! Dennis brought an extremely rare, custom built light line Payne he has restored, and the result is delicately beautiful. Consensus is the rod was intended for a No. 3 line, though most agreed it is perfect for a No. 2 as well.

Upstate allowed us to ogle and cast his beautiful Payne 200 - perfection with a No. 4 line! I finally got a vintage Leonard 50 in my hands and enjoyed its smooth delivery.

Spirits were high with smiles all around and everyone pleased to gather once again.
...a wink of gold like the glint of sunlight on polished cane...

brightwatercatskill.art.blog

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

Thank you very much for that glimpse. I am glad that it was a relatively nice day and all who were able to attend enjoyed themselves.

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”