stress graphs or tapers of current Orvis offerings?

The exchange of tapers forum is for classic and personally developed tapers. The definition of classic tapers are those tapers that were developed by rodmakers that are no longer alive. Please understand that rod makers who have developed their tapers, and are active in the community, should not have their tapers cloned, or shared, without their permission, please refrain for asking for those tapers as it infringes on the maker.

Moderator: pvansch1

GeoF

stress graphs or tapers of current Orvis offerings?

Post by GeoF »

Not sure if this post belongs here. If not, my apologies and please let me know where this post should go.
I see Orvis has three current offerings in bamboo. The 1856 (hollow construction?), the Penn's Creek, and the Adirondack. Has anyone here seen a stress graph of any of those three, or maybe dimensions from which a stress graph could be constructed via Hexrod? I would love to see those graphs.
George

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: stress graphs or tapers of current Orvis offerings?

Post by BigTJ »

If you read the forum rules you would understand that sharing tapers of makers still in business is a no-no. Think about how you might feel if you spent years developing rod tapers and then somebody mics a rod and shares it with the entire planet on the internet. It just isn't right. I know you probably had good intentions - consider this a learning opportunity.

John

GeoF

Post by GeoF »

I see, and thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to offend. As you write, all it takes is a micrometer to determine the taper of a rod, so I didn't think something so easy to determine might be considered off limits. I stand corrected.

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

Well said and zero offense. The bamboo game has many facets it takes a while to figure them out.

Cheers,

John

bamboo rodley
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bamboo rodley »

Google hex rod taper library reference or rays hexrod library. something like that. You may find information you need.

Return to “Taper Exchange”