Win a Glenn Brackett Fly Rod

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Win a Glenn Brackett Fly Rod

Post by fefferje »

Dear Forum Members: Over the last 8 months my wife and I, along with the board members of the Craftsbury Community Care Center have been organizing a raffle to benefit the Care Center, a small residential community in the town of East Craftsbury, Vermont. This is a rural community center in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont that offers 24 private rooms, dining and recreational facilities for seniors from the surrounding area. If you want more information about the Care Center you can access the website through the QR code on the flyer below, or by going to the website listed on the flyer, and in the text below the flyer. Through the generosity and talent of others we have gathered a fly fishing package as our fundraiser for the Craftsbury Community Care Center. I am inserting a flyer that describes the raffle prize. The tickets are $50.00 a piece.

Click on the image for a larger view.
Included on the flyer is a QR code you can use to go to the website raffle page directly, or you can visit craftsburycommunitycarecenter.org. You will be able to use the “raffle button” on the opening page to buy your tickets. I will include a few other photos that highlight the raffle items.

Click on these images for an expanded view.
Glenn Brackett has created a beautiful 7 1/2’ 4 weight rod that is capable of fishing medium and larger water. The rod is well paired with th Orvis Mirage LT reel and a Rio 4 WF line. Carl Otto of Wanigas has made a striking walnut fly box and I have tied an assortment of flies, which will fill both sides of the box when done. The newest version of the Orvis Fly Fishing Guide by Tom Rosenbauer is included. The Fly Rod Shop in Stowe, Vermont has donated 2 hours of casting lessons for two, which can be upgraded to a guided fishing trip. Whoever wins this outfit can either pick it up in Vermont, or it will be shipped to them for free.
This is a great package and a worthy cause. Please consider buying a ticket for yourself or for another fly fisher in your life.
If you need any more information please private message me, or e-mail me at jedtfeffer@aol.com. Thank you. Jed Feffer
Fefferfly

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Win a Glenn Brackett Fly Rod

Post by fefferje »

I would love to hear if there is interest among our forum members in purchasing tickets for this wonderful fly rod package. Glenn Brackett has created a beautiful 4 weight Sweetgrass rod, that accompanies the other components of this package. Please reply to this thread with questions and comments, or private message me or e-mail me directly at jedtfeffer@aol.com. The Craftsbury Community Care Center relies on this fund raiser to update its facilities. It needs your help to make this fundraiser a success. Thank you all. Jed Feffer
Fefferfly

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Just a gentle reminder, the drawing for the Glenn Brackett package as described above will be on Saturday, June 25, 2022. Take a chance on a great fly rod package and support a very worthwhile cause. Thank you, Jed
Fefferfly

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Our raffle ended on June 25th with the drawing of the winning ticket. The winner was Tom Marlin of the Philly area. I want to thank everyone from the forum who took the chance to buy a raffle ticket. You all made a contribution to the Craftsbury Community Care Center in East Craftsbury Vermont. Again, thank you and bless you all. Jed Feffer
Fefferfly

Return to “Forum Announcements”