Todd Young

Question and answers concerning makers and manufacturers of bamboo fly rods.

Moderator: Titelines

Trout120-1
Master Guide

Todd Young

Post by Trout120-1 »

Anyone know what ever happened to Todd Young ?
Thanks

ozarkwater
Master Guide

Re: Todd Young

Post by ozarkwater »

Would be interested to know. Last I had contact with him was the mid 90s. Give or take.

adrien schnee
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by adrien schnee »

Hi Paul, if you don’t get an answer here, a quick email or telephone call to Bob Summers would very likely let you know. Bob always seems genuinely glad to talk about matters related to his rods or the decades he spent with the PHY company.

joep
Master Guide

Post by joep »

I see his rods posted from time to time, are valued the same on the secondary market and what years did he make rods? Thanks in advance for any answers given.

cwfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by cwfly »

You could probably just call him in Traverse City and ask him.
"History has a beloved cousin who has the family eyes and nose
but is a rather different creature - myth." Ken Cameron,
The American Fly Fisher, v. 28, n. 1, Winter, 2002, (AMFF, Manchester, Vt., 2002).

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

I knew this felt like deja vu. I can’t believe I remembered this from 6 years ago.

http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/vi ... ng#p705286

joep
Master Guide

Post by joep »

cwfly wrote:
04/11/22 12:01
So lets shut down the boards and do that for all makers. Thanks. Very helpful.

joep
Master Guide

Post by joep »

BigTJ wrote:
04/11/22 18:35
I knew this felt like deja vu. I can’t believe I remembered this from 6 years ago.

http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/vi ... ng#p705286
I read those years ago. It doesn't really state how he fits into the young timeline and how long he built etc. I am not sure if he is even historically significant and do people consider his rods as "paul young" rods. I have seen more of his rods recently and it made me think about it again.

cwfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by cwfly »

joep wrote:
04/12/22 08:42
cwfly wrote:
That’s fine. I notice how much research you have been able to do. Perhaps you could motivate yourself, get off your rear end and look things up. You might find the following, for example; all you have contributed so far is noteworthy by the fact that it equals – exactly nothing.

On January 6, 2022 Todd O. Young signed and filed as its Member the Annual Corporate Statement for Paul H. Young Company, LLC of Traverse City, Michigan.
Some years earlier, in 2013, he filed a monetary claim against the Florida Estate of Deanne L. Young, the named author of The Compleat Paul H. Young: A Biography of the Rodmaker and His Work. That Probate proceeding terminated on April 4, 2019 when the court’s previous appointment of an Administratrix (Personal Representative) was revoked and the proceeding was simply closed. It remains closed.
"History has a beloved cousin who has the family eyes and nose
but is a rather different creature - myth." Ken Cameron,
The American Fly Fisher, v. 28, n. 1, Winter, 2002, (AMFF, Manchester, Vt., 2002).

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

cwfly wrote:
04/12/22 08:51
joep wrote:
cwfly wrote:
That’s fine. I notice how much research you have been able to do. Perhaps you could motivate yourself, get off your rear end and look things up. You might find the following, for example; all you have contributed so far is noteworthy by the fact that it equals – exactly nothing.
+1

JoeP cwfly's suggestion was a reasonable one. Not everybody knows Todd Young is still around. I sure didn't. Why not get the info from the horse's mouth if possible?

joep
Master Guide

Post by joep »

cwfly wrote:
joep wrote:
cwfly wrote:

On January 6, 2022 Todd O. Young signed and filed as its Member the Annual Corporate Statement for Paul H. Young Company, LLC of Traverse City, Michigan.
Some years earlier, in 2013, he filed a monetary claim against the Florida Estate of Deanne L. Young, the named author of The Compleat Paul H. Young: A Biography of the Rodmaker and His Work. That Probate proceeding terminated on April 4, 2019 when the court’s previous appointment of an Administratrix (Personal Representative) was revoked and the proceeding was simply closed. It remains closed.
I have not done alot of research, i was casually interested. There is very little information regarding him on the site. I will make sure to answer everyones question with your response going forward. Everytime someone askes about a living maker, the answer is "according to cwfly you should call them and stop being lazy and get off your rear end"

steeliefool
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by steeliefool »

Snippy is as snippy does. At least that's what momma says.

bob2935
Master Guide

Post by bob2935 »

be very careful with this guy.

bob2935
Master Guide

Post by bob2935 »

A lot of people including my best friend would love to get their hands on him.

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

joep wrote:
04/12/22 12:02
cwfly wrote:
joep wrote:
cwfly wrote:

I have not done alot of research, i was casually interested. There is very little information regarding him on the site. I will make sure to answer everyones question with your response going forward. Everytime someone askes about a living maker, the answer is "according to cwfly you should call them and stop being lazy and get off your rear end"
Nonsense.

Return to “Information About Makers and Manufacturers”