Raffle for fly rod package

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Raffle for fly rod package

Post by fefferje »

I am posting an opportunity to win a fly rod package. My wife and I are residents of a small rural community in northeastern Vermont. We are both involved in the local Craftsbury Community Care Center, a 24 bed residential facility. For the past 2 years the Board has organized the raffle of a handmade canoe to benefit the community. This year we decided to creat a fly fishing package. We were lucky to have Glenn Brackett of Sweetgrass Rods create a beautiful 4 weight rod; We purchased an Orvis Mirage LT reel, Weight Forward Rio line, and walnut fly box filled with flies by a local tier. The newest Orvis Guide by Tom Rosenbauer, and free casting lessons for two at the Fly Rod Shop in Stowe, Vermont round off the package. Please consider making a donation for this worthwhile cause. More information about the Care Center can be found by accessing the QR code on the flyer below or by visiting the website below the code. By either means you can access the Raffle Icon to purchase tickets. Tickets are $50.00 a piece. Thank you for your support. If you have any questions or comments about the raffle please feel free to contact me by pm or at jedtfeffer@aol.com

CLICK ON ANY IMAGES TO EXPAND THE VIEW

Fefferfly

GANGGREEN
Guide

Re: Raffle for fly rod package

Post by GANGGREEN »

When does the raffle end?

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Thanks for the question. It stays open until the drawing on June 25th. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for your interest. Jed Feffer
Fefferfly

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

I’d love to know if there is interest in purchasing tickets for this great fly rod package for a wonderful cause. The Craftsbury Community Care Center relies on its yearly fund raiser to help update its facility. We could use your help. Any questions or comments about the fly rod package and the Care Center can be replied on this thread, sent by private message, or sent by e-mail to me at jedtfeffer@aol.com. Thanks, Jed Feffer
Fefferfly

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

I was able to see this whole package in person and it is a good as it gets! I have my raffle ticket and I look forward to winning ;)

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Munsey, thank you for the great support!!!! Jed
Fefferfly

AlexP
Master Guide

Post by AlexP »

Wish me luck! Although no luck for me in bamboo ruffles throughout the years....

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Alex did you purchase a ticket?? If so, good luck and thank you!!! Jed
Fefferfly

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Good luck with your Community Care Center raffle, Jed!

And, I hope the fishing is beginning to peak for you in northern Vermont!

Rupert

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Thanks Rupert. We are currently driving to Marlyland to see our daughter’s family. I tried fishing the North Branch of the Nulhegan in the middle of April. It was way too high at that time. We fished a few of the Smokies streams at the end of April. Tough fishing. Then I went to Penns Creek on May 4th. I caught 2 nice browns on a March Browns, a dry and emerged, and then the fishing went south with 2 days of rain. On the way home I fished the Battenkill for a day. Nice water but no luck catching.

Shot of sunset over Penns Valley. Trees by White Deer Creek in PA, and Penns Creek Browns. Thanks Rupert for your encouraging words. I’ll try to give you a northern VT fishing report in a couple weeks. Enjoy the Blue Ridge stream. Jed
Fefferfly

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Congratulations, those are very nice Penns Creek browns! The Battenkill (my home water growing up) trout can be quite picky at the best of times. And, it has been high-to-blown-out a fair amount this spring, according to my Dad. A couple of fairly serious late snowstorms didn't help either! The Blue Ridge, however, has fished fairly well this spring. And, we had good fishing in Maine a couple of weeks ago on my annual trip to fish with my (50 years ago) college buddies! Good luck, and I'll look forward to your Northern VT report.

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Looks like a great package. I'm in.

Jeff

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Jeff thanks for signing up!! If you know anyone who might be interested in a ticket please let them know. Best of luck, Jed
Fefferfly

Grandhogair
Guide

Post by Grandhogair »

A worthy cause, I'm in. Alan

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Alan, thanks for buying a ticket. You should get confirmation soon. Thanks again, and Good Luck 🍀Jed!!
Fefferfly

GMflyf1sh
Guide

Post by GMflyf1sh »

Who won? I sent my 100 and got two tickets to the raffle

AlexP
Master Guide

Post by AlexP »

I am sure I won, but they have not called me yet 😂

I also bought 2 tickets

Tight Lines!

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Gmfishfly and Alex, I am sorry to report that neither of you won. The winner was a fellow named Tom Marlin who lives near Philly. I wish there were more prizes to pass around. If it is any consolation both of you contributed to a really nice community care center that is in need of a new kitchen. We sold 145 tickets to collect $7,250. and after subtracting the $1800. we spent on the prizes we made $5,450. We will have to have a capital campaign to raise the money for big items at the Care Center, but the $5,450. will move us a little closer to our goal. Thank you all who purchased tickets. You all were most generous. Blessings, Jed
Fefferfly

GMflyf1sh
Guide

Post by GMflyf1sh »

Glad to hear someone won it and it was a worthy cause.. Fund raising for any charity is a challenge

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Gamefishfly, It was a long haul with a lot of outreach but I am glad we could do something for the care center. Thanks for playing your part. Jed
Fefferfly

Return to “Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods”