Photobucket Step By Step

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

WIHEXROD
Master Guide

Photobucket Step By Step

Post by WIHEXROD »

Hoping someone here could give a step by step instructions for using Photobucket for posting pictures here. It used to be real easy.
Scott

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Photobucket Step By Step

Post by ibookje »

Photobucket is not free anymore, alternative is Postimage (https://postimages.org) which is free.

Here are the step-by-steps:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=111789

WIHEXROD
Master Guide

Post by WIHEXROD »

Thank you for your information.

I still find value in the Photobucket and maintain an account there.
Was looking for instructions for Photobucket.
Scott

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Scott,

Do you have a paid Photobucket subscription? If you don't, I'm sorry to say your images are basically being held hostage. If you do have a paid subscription, there should be a share function with the image and you can get the jpeg URL inserted within the image code Image required for most of these forums (including the WI Fly Fishing Page).

I still have a free Photobucket account but it will no longer allow me to share photos on forums such as this -- the share button is disabled and a good percentage of the gallery is blurred out. The photos are still there (in my case, almost 20 years worth) but there's nothing you can do with them other than download them back onto your computer -- except the blurred out ones inexplicably.

Photobucket's change in policy has forced many of us to seek new free image hosting sites like mentioned above.

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

For years now, unless you have a valuable photo library and want to pay for an archive service, PB has been self-suicidal. Quite successfully also.

Return to “Technical Support”