Virtual Rodmakers Gathering

This board is for discussing the repair and restoration of bamboo fly rods, makers discussion and construction techniques relating to same. Examples would be different techniques or methods used by restorationists and makers.

Moderator: Titelines

Anders Johannesson
Sport

Virtual Rodmakers Gathering

Post by Anders Johannesson »

At the start of the pandemic the VRG started. It's a zoom meeting on the computer. And a very nice way of discussing topics related to rodmaking. The meetings took a pause during some months but ar up and running once again.

Some of the earlier meetings can be watched here

https://bamboorodmaking.com/VRG/

More information can be found in this forum under:
forum announcements
Gathering and shows

viewtopic.php?t=141928

Take the opportunity and register for up coming meetings. They are planned to approx once a month.

dorenac
Master Guide

Re: Virtual Rodmakers Gathering

Post by dorenac »

Having totally spaced out the latest VRG meeting yesterday will there be further meetings in the future? Also will there be a possible video of this latest gathering?

Anders Johannesson
Sport

There will be more meetings, next is scheduled in late in may. Date is not yet 100% fixed! The planning is ongoing for autumn and winter and also already for next year! There will be presenters that are new in the game as well as the most experienced rod makers with world reputation.

We hope that it will be possible to get the videos up and running on the home page.

dorenac
Master Guide

Post by dorenac »

Thanks. I didn’t put the gathering on my calendar, relying on my memory which at 72 years old isn’t always reliable. Looking forward to the next one.

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

dorenac wrote:
04/24/22 07:42
Thanks. I didn’t put the gathering on my calendar, relying on my memory which at 72 years old isn’t always reliable. Looking forward to the next one.
I received a calendar notification for yesterday's meeting or I would have spaced out. I assume that when I signed up for this latest series they added me to the calendar. Maybe you can email them and you will get a similar notification. I think Tom Lucas was the one who added me.

Jeff

Anders Johannesson
Sport

For those of you that not yet have signed in to be on board for the zoom meetings. I strongly recommend ” just Do it!”

Next event is planned for may 21.

Hoagy B Carmichael will give a spreach on how he met Mr Garrison and how the book was created.

Anders Johannesson
Sweden

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

I had to cut out early from the Zoom this morning but I stayed for Hoagy's whole presentation and the subsequent Q&A. It was really great.

Anders Johannesson
Sport

It was a fantastic presentation. For those of you that not yet have registered - there will be more meetings to attend. Next meeting we will have Chris Bogart. June 25.

Return to “Rod making, restoration, repairs and discussion on those related topics concerning bamboo rods.”