Blanchards Auction / Langs Auction

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

dqatar
Guide

Blanchards Auction / Langs Auction

Post by dqatar »

Blanchard's Auction Service, Produced Langs Spring Auction??. It was a very Small Presentation of Vintage Tackle, Is this the way Langs going to present it Auction from now on. And if you watch langs auction, were there any Good or bad surprises.

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Blanchards Auction / Langs Auction

Post by firehole »

I won a bamboo rod and was very impressed with Blanchards customer service than previous Langs auctions/customer service.
Dennis

ozarkwater
Master Guide

Post by ozarkwater »

I logged in, submitted a bid. Lost, but...that's OK.

My only concern was how to actually receive an item, say...a W&M 8040 Special! Gotta figure that out before the next auction. Need to figure out how much the ECPowell went for!

No problems really, so...other than my concern above...can't wait!

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by firehole »

EC Powell went $950 +23% + tax(if applicable) + shipping.
Dennis

hatch
Master Guide

Post by hatch »

ozarkwater wrote:
04/27/22 14:56
I logged in, submitted a bid. Lost, but...that's OK.

My only concern was how to actually receive an item, say...a W&M 8040 Special! Gotta figure that out before the next auction. Need to figure out how much the ECPowell went for!

No problems really, so...other than my concern above...can't wait!
I think I can answer your Question about how to actually receive an item you won. . If you won an item, you received an invoice including bid price plus buyers premium plus tax. Before you could pay this invoice you had to declare how you were going to take possession of the item. You had to select "local pickup", or "arrange for shipping yourself" or have" Blanchards ship your item to you". I selected to have Blanchards ship my item. At this point I was allowed to pay my entire invoice minus shipping. A couple days later I got an invoice for shipping only. At that point I paid the shipping fee. Blanchards has my shipping info and will ship the item to me now that everything is paid in full. It is the 27th and I have been notified my item has been shipped. How long it takes to get from Potsdam N.Y. to Waterville , Maine is anyone's guess. Blanchards seemed to get the item shipped in a timely fashion.

Is this the answer to your question? I had to scratch my head a couple times just because it was a new process for me. It is Wednesday and the Auction ended 4 days ago I don't expect to see the item for a week or two. It is a smooth process. Blanchards just gives you other options on how to take possession of your item. Just click "Have Blanchard's handle shipping" and wait for the shipping invoice. Pay the shipping invoice and let Blanchards take care of the rest.
Last edited by hatch on 04/27/22 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

bamrod77
Guide

Post by bamrod77 »

This past weekend, auctions at Blanchard Auctions were a two part affair. The online auction took place Friday, April 22 starting at 5 PM. It was both online and onsite. The number of bidders on site was limited and a majority of winning bids originated online. Saturday was an onsite only discovery-type auction. This one was well attended and had a number of choice items including a Hardy Barton reel.
Last edited by Titelines on 05/05/22 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove link for auction

Low Profile
Guide

Post by Low Profile »

I attend most of the Blanchards in-person auctions and overall they do a good job. Barton was in very nice condition and somewhat surprised in wasn't listed on the Friday on-line auction. Prices on better fly reels and rods Saturday in person was stronger than normal I think due to some who decided to show up in person for both days. Some unusual and rarer Hardy reels on Saturday that were surprising including a no line guide 3", 3 screw st george and a left wind with agate st john. Both of these reels looked to be factory made. As usual, some of the reels and rods listed had issues in the Saturday auction but at least one had a chance to inspect and decide prior to bidding. The items I ended up winning have little to do with the subject of this forum but I was happy. I do not know if this is going to be the format moving forward.

Low Profile

ozarkwater
Master Guide

Post by ozarkwater »

Hatch:

Thank you! That is what I understood from reading their materials. Thank you for the info, confirms. I appreciate that.

Maybe next time my fishing budget will have more funds in it!

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by firehole »

Received an email from Blanchards and my rod is on its way.
Dennis

hatch
Master Guide

Post by hatch »

My Blanchard's auction item arrived in Waterville, Maine today. The auction was 4/22 the item was at my house 4/29. Not bad at all. I bought a fly so my package is small. Larger purchases may linger in the shipping system longer. Good luck.

canesterdf
Master Guide

Post by canesterdf »

I had won a couple of nice rods they arrived in good order at my PO Box yesterday. Insured and well packed. You always have a bit of a gamble at an auction but the cost of travel makes an an online auction a great opportunity to find a nice classic rod, reel or something else at a favorable price. Sometimes they are a great buy sometimes not. I usually take the bitter with the sweet. I had good luck this time ! Best Paul

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by firehole »

My rod arrived on schedule yesterday. It was well packaged and the rod was perfectly described Blanchards/Langs.

Dennis

bearbutt
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bearbutt »

Hey guys--how about sharing with us descriptions and pictures of your purchases--especially the rods?

bb

abingram
Master Guide

Post by abingram »

I did not see a date of any other upcoming auctions, does anyone know when they post them. Thanks, Barry

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by firehole »

Nov 4 & 5th 2022
Dennis

fishbates
Master Guide

Post by fishbates »

Terrible experience
Bid on several rods then my bid would not go thru