Info on Hardy Brothers fly rod

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

murray

Info on Hardy Brothers fly rod

Post by murray »

I have a Hardy Brothers fly rod for an appraisal. When assembled it is 8'. The rod is made up of 2 pieces with no second tip and the 2 sections are the same length. I would grade it an 8 on your scale. The bottom reel seat has Hardy Bros Alnwick England on it. The upper is stamped E63277. Above the cork handle on the rod itself says "Palakona", CC De France rod. I cannot make out the rest. It comes with a greenish canvas bag with a Hardy Brothers tag on in and both upper and lower tie laces are intact. Thanks in advance.

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Info on Hardy Brothers fly rod

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, Here's a site with numbers on it.

https://www.oocities.org/robertellis600/hardy.htm

Jay Edwards

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Info on Hardy Brothers fly rod

Post by Webfly »

A very nice 3 pc CC De France recently sold for $275 on the auction site, so a 2 pc in lesser condition would probably be $200 or less. They are generally considered to be pretty good fishing sticks for some on this side of the pond.

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”