Fly rod information

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Larryrush

Fly rod information

Post by Larryrush »

Hi I’m new to fly fishing I purchased this pack rod so I can carry it on my Harley it’s a Gladdings 10 south bend outdoorsman 6 piece rod on the Handle it has 2 brass ferrules that slide what is the use of them ? I’m including pics of rod and thanks for your help with this question

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Fly rod information

Post by bugslinger »

It appears to be a fly/spin combo. The slip rings on the cork grip holds the spinning reel and the guides aren’t conventional fly guides. Cool you’re carrying it on your Harley.....what kind of fly fishing are you going to do? Rivers or lakes? Just wondering because that rod looks pretty heavy (line weight) for smaller streams/fish. My .02

Larryrush

Re: Fly rod information

Post by Larryrush »

Going to be Trying both river and lakes mostly getting some practice before I go one a Mississippi river ride to
Drift less area west of lacrosse Wisconsin I’m a beginner at this and hope to catch more fish then trees sand thanks for the info on my rod that’s what I thought it was but just not sure

Return to “Members Corner”