AIRFLO SuperDri Elite DT4F

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

PAGH
Guide

AIRFLO SuperDri Elite DT4F

Post by PAGH »

Hi All,

Last Saturday I fished a brand new AirFlo line (as noted in the subject header above) on my favorite stream. I bought it based on reviews of its casting qualities and especially floating qualities. I liked how it cast very much but was disappointed a bit with how it floated. My very old used Cortland 444 Peach DT4F (that I had replaced with it) I had liked a great deal, but it needed replacement.

The type of water I enjoy fishing is a medium sized freestone with lots of submerged/semi-submerged boulders creating several different current flows across the stream in the flat/pool areas (with dries of various kinds) and the choppy, runs/riffles (with Wulff dries). The range of sizes I typically fish is from #12 to #18.

For those of you who fish similar water with dries I'm looking to see what line(s) you like. My casting distance is typically 15-30 feet. My three main criteria would be: 1) floatability, 2) mending ease, 3) casting ease.

Thank you to everyone in advance for your insight, experience, expertise, and advice.

PAGH

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: AIRFLO SuperDri Elite DT4F

Post by PYochim »

Joel, I have an old SA Sharkskin and a Phoenix DT4 silk that see action on my 4 weight rods for the reasons you mentioned.

St Vrain Angler
Master Guide

Post by St Vrain Angler »

Cortland Sylk DT4F

PAGH
Guide

Post by PAGH »

Paul and St Vrain Angler,

Thank you much for your help.

PAGH

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

Grease it with Otter Butter before you fish.

billems
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by billems »

It's still the old Cortland DT 444 Peach for me.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”