ARI HART RIO ORBIGO F2 TROUT FLY REEL

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

chrish

ARI HART RIO ORBIGO F2 TROUT FLY REEL

Post by chrish »

Hello,

I've just acquired an ARI HART RIO ORBIGO F2 TROUT FLY REEL and wondered if any one has a copy of an instruction manual or can confirm what the front knob does(I'm assuming the lager rear knob is drag) and guidance on how to disassemble? Also, does anyone make/fit thread bearings to adjust right hand hind to left hand wind?

Cheers

Chris

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: ARI HART RIO ORBIGO F2 TROUT FLY REEL

Post by SpringCreek »

The "front knob" should be the spool release. If you line up the two dots, the spool can be removed. To disassemble the reel (other than removing the spool) is a little more difficult. There are a couple of different versions of the reel and each requires a different type of tool. If you post a picture of the reel it would help identify what would need to be done.

To change from RHW to LHW you will need to acquire a LHW bearing housing. They are not made any longer, and finding one will be extremely difficult. I would start by looking for someone who repairs Ari reels to see if they can point you in the right direction.
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

406tom
Guide

Post by 406tom »

Archuleta's Reel Works, www.archuletasreelworks.com, has the parts to change wind direction. He has switched several ATH reels for me for a very reasonable price. Easier to let him do than try myself. Quick turnaround and quality service.

Tom

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Webfly »

Archuleta is the man! Considering that the drag system has one way needle bearings, what would stop someone from removing them and flipping all of them 180 degrees to switch the drag rotation? Of course, this hinges on getting the bearing housing open in the first place. I betcha this is what Bill does.
By the way, this should be in the "Classic Reels" section.

chrish

Post by chrish »

Thanks so much for the feed back!

chrish

Post by chrish »

Photo of the back too.

salmonid1
Guide

Post by salmonid1 »

I've been dealing with Bill Archuleta for some 20 years. A real gentleman, efficient, reasonable and expeditious. He is a no nonsense guy so you will not be having extended conversations with him about politics or anything else controversial -- to his credit. He'll ask about the reel, the problem; you'll send it; he fixes it!!!! Very discreet fellow. Carmine Lisella, Jordan-Mills Rod Co.

Return to “Classic Reels”