Summer 22 Fly Tyer Magazine

An area where you can discuss books about angling, classic tackle, angling literature, your favorite authors, old and new, and any upcoming books you see of interest and of course all the classics as well.

Moderator: Whitefish Press

creakycane
Bamboo Fanatic

Summer 22 Fly Tyer Magazine

Post by creakycane »

the current issue has has some interesting articles, among them
- an article on Charlie Collins and his hackle....
- another on Satoshi Yamamoto of Livingston and his spring creek guiding and salmon fly tying.....
i believe folks will find this issue worthwhile.
FYI
Happy Memorial Day

Eperous
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Summer 22 Fly Tyer Magazine

Post by Eperous »

Agreed! :D

Skeet1969
Guide

Post by Skeet1969 »

The only magazine I still subscribe to. Always good stuff in there!
Mike B

dave potts
Guide

Post by dave potts »

I agree it's a great magazine. I have every issue from the beginning to now. I had the first several issues hard bound. Will probably put them all up for sale in the near future as we will be downsizing and will have no room for them.

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

The article with Charlie sounds interesting

Heddon20
Guide

Post by Heddon20 »

creakycane wrote:
05/28/22 17:16
the current issue has has some interesting articles, among them
- an article on Charlie Collins and his hackle....
- another on Satoshi Yamamoto of Livingston and his spring creek guiding and salmon fly tying.....
i believe folks will find this issue worthwhile.
FYI
Happy Memorial Day
I just got mine in the mail the other day and haven't looked at it yet. I'll be sure to do that this weekend as those articles do sound interesting!
Brian

adkfan
Guide

Post by adkfan »

ibookje wrote:
06/02/22 10:58
The article with Charlie sounds interesting
I hear Charlie is hanging it up and when his existing supply is gone than he is done
http://www.collinshacklefarm.com/Farming.htm:

"Thank you.

For 42 years I've been raising hackle chickens, and enjoying every minute of it. Then, on April 23, 2022 my life changed. Medical issues arose in my family that would require my full attention. No longer would I be able to spend 3-5 hours a day in a chicken barn & still deal with the issues at hand.

What I thought would be one of the hardest decisions I'd ever make became one of the easiest. On April 24, 2022 I walked downstairs, unplugged the incubators, put roughly 2,300 eggs in buckets, and dumped them in the back field. And, just like that, I was done raising hackle chickens--amazingly, without a single regret.

No, I am not out of business yet. I have a huge inventory of capes to sell that should last at least 3-5 years. But, when those are gone, that's it!

I sincerely want to thank each and every one of you that patronized my business. From the tyer who purchased just one cape to those who purchased hundreds over the years, THANK YOU!!!

I hope you will continue doing business with me until my supply is gone.

I've had a good run. Beginning the day I picked up my first birds from Doc Fried in 1979 to the day I unplugged the incubators, I've been totally fascinated by it all. The friends I've made along the way have made the whole journey even more special. So, again, thank you and may God bless you all.

Charlie Collins"

abingram
Master Guide

Post by abingram »

I really need to pick one of these up, it has some beautiful flies in this issue also. Thanks, Barry

Return to “Book Talk”