First Rod, First Post, Complete Newby

Discuss various makers rods here, i.e. if the maker is not listed under its own forum please feel free to discuss them here vintage or current. I would like to keep the makers listed by an individual read-only forum so it will be easier for those interested in those makers to find specific information about the rods and the makers. If anyone has any original catalogs they could scan and pass along to me I would be pleased to use them to give a history of the maker and their models in a forum, thanks.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

T.Scott

First Rod, First Post, Complete Newby

Post by T.Scott »

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my first fly fishing package of three rods, four reels and assorted other gear. One of the rods is a custom made rod by some legendary fly fishing guide out of Jackson Wyoming. The guy said anyone from Jackson would know who it was made by because it is a five piece blank, or something to that effect. No name or writing anywhere on it.

It seems like a very nice rod, and I'm just trying to see if anyone has any info about it, and if I should hang it on the wall instead of using it. It's kind of like one of my benchrest rifles, it was made in 1950 by Al Marcianti, a famous gunsmith who helped make benchrest shooting popular then.

Thank you, Scott

quashnet
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: First Rod, First Post, Complete Newby

Post by quashnet »

Scott, the image you have posted looks to me like a factory-produced but individually-modified Fenwick Voyageur fiberglass fly rod. You will have more luck posting your question at the Fiberglass Flyrodders Forum, as this forum deals with rods made of natural materials like bamboo or wood. I know it's not easy to figure that out from the name of this forum, as doubtless you think of your fly rod as being "classic." Best wishes for better assistance.
Please visit and bookmark the Paul H. Young Rod Database
Other rod databases: Dickerson , Orvis , Powell

T.Scott

Re: First Rod, First Post, Complete Newby

Post by T.Scott »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I'll head over there.

Return to “Rod makers history, value guide and general discussion”