Major Traherne salmon flies

A place to discuss the collecting and tying of classic flies, the tyers who made them famous, the tools, materials and techniques they used as well as the waters they were designed for. While classic is generally used to describe old things, classic is also used in the sense of first class or in the highest form. Therefore a fully dressed Salmon Fly, or a Carrie Stevens Streamer are just as much classics as a Chernobyl Ant would be. Enjoy the forum.

Moderators: Ken M 44, joaniebo

LeftyAngler

Major Traherne salmon flies

Post by LeftyAngler »

Hello,
My friend, as well as a loyal fishing client, urged me to sign up here. Several days ago, he quoted the article in the latest issue of Fly Tyer. It's about my Atlantic salmon fly pursuit and published works.
I'd like to say hi to all. And I have just realized there's a forum about the book. I think that would be the place to write a bit more about my self-published photobook.
In this forum, I hope to post some photos that didn't make cuts to the book every now and then (plus some more).

Sandan
Guide

Re: Major Traherne salmon flies

Post by Sandan »

Gorgeous work

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

Welcome to the forum. Georgeous flies and workmanship. My problem with them is they are too beautiful to fish but are unbelieveable eye candy.

Nick

LeftyAngler

Post by LeftyAngler »

Sandan wrote:
06/10/22 13:54
Gorgeous work
Thank you!

LeftyAngler

Post by LeftyAngler »

bassman wrote:
06/10/22 15:38
Welcome to the forum. Georgeous flies and workmanship. My problem with them is they are too beautiful to fish but are unbelieveable eye candy.

Nick
I actually tied many classic salmon flies, including a few Traherne patterns, in smaller hooks 2/0 or less, intending for steelhead fishing in Pacific Northwest - someday soon! I may post those photos as well.

SilverDrGY

Post by SilverDrGY »

Glad finally you signed up!!

Return to “Collecting and Tying Classic Flies”