Hi from a Dutchman in sizzling summertime London

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

hstaartjes

Hi from a Dutchman in sizzling summertime London

Post by hstaartjes »

Hi everyone. I'm a recent convert to bamboo having bought a Tom Moran 7' #5 and a 7'6" #4 Terry Elmore built on a Chapman blank with a Garrison 206 taper. Just previous to this I was fishing an Echo S glass rod and enjoyed it so much it made me think 'what about bamboo'?. I have been laughed at when I turned up at the Usk recently with my Moran. While it's true I couldn't get the distances for the shy fish there, there's no doubt who's got hooked here: me. I have fished the Southern chalk streams , particularly with the above #4 and a DT line and I guess have had some sort of epiphany. I'm hoping to gain some experience with one or two more rods particularly for fishing fine tippets and small flies, both wet and dry. I'm intrigued by Japanese and American makers while appreciating there's some fine European makers also.

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Hi from a Dutchman in sizzling summertime London

Post by ibookje »

Welcome from another Dutchman

hstaartjes

Post by hstaartjes »

hartelijk dank, ibookje. I'm a nep nederlander having never lived there.

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

Return to “Members Corner”