RETIREMENT!!

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

RETIREMENT!!

Post by bugslinger »

My wife and I both retired last week! No more alarm clocks! I’ve been getting up to that thing since 1973.....Even though it rained all day yesterday I went fishing to a local lake and went 22/43 on rainbows, nothing big but fun! It’s really going to be hard to pry me off the water now...... :D

kevinhaney1
Master Guide

Re: RETIREMENT!!

Post by kevinhaney1 »

Yes, retirement can be quite an adjustment. I’ve been retired for four years now, but it let me learn how to fly fish. The ability to go fishing two or three times a week will change your perspective on the sport, quite possibly. And congratulations!

Kevin
Kevin Haney, Vintage Anglers
http://www.vintageanglers.com

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bugslinger »

I’m already adjusted Kevin! I’ve only been fly fishing/tying for 56 years now......and fish a lot! We have tons of fly fishing opportunities here in Washington, two hours to the east desert, two hours west the Pacific Ocean, two hours north is Canada and lots of local waters around me.

Brier549
Guide

Post by Brier549 »

I’ve been retired for 10 yrs now and I can’t believe it has gone by so quickly! Enjoy this next stage of your lives and take a moment now and then to reflect on your new found freedom.

adrien schnee
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by adrien schnee »

Congratulations! After 50 years of working Steve, I’d say your retirement and your wife’s retirement have been well earned. Enjoy all of the free days you have coming up!

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Life is for living! Get to it! :)
Last edited by Hellmtflies on 06/19/22 08:14, edited 1 time in total.

Bamboocollector#1
Master Guide

Post by Bamboocollector#1 »

Congrats! Enjoy!!!
Previously known as bamboocollector11

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

Congratulations! Enjoy the time you spend on the water!
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Congratulations, bugslinger! The best revenge is living long in retirement, and fishing every chance you get!

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bugslinger »

Thanks all!

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Congrats!

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

12 years for me. Enjoy that freedom and live well now. Health is such a precious commodity make the best of it while it's there.

flyslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyslinger »

That's wonderful. I hope you and your wife are able to fish, and travel, and enjoy life to the fullest.
"Always drink upstream from the herd."

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

Congratulations! I retired almost eight years ago and have no regrets. I followed my dad's example -- he retired at 63, as soon as he could make it work financially, and had a couple of extra years with my mom before she got sick. No one ever said on his death bed, "I wish I had worked longer!"

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

After reading your post and thinking it over for a couple of weeks, I gave my notice July 1st and am officially retired as of this morning! No more taking calls 7 days a week to deal with other peoples emergencies. I didn't mind it that much, but it's time to enjoy some time away myself. I started my first job at 15 and never missed a day in 42 years. I suppose there is a bit of luck with that, but there was also a sense of responsibility that my father taught me.

Now it's time to explore the rivers, streams and lakes. Time to build a few more rods as well.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Canewrap »

Good for you Jim. I doubt you will ever regret it. I only have about 3 years till I pull that same trigger and can't wait.

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bugslinger »

Way to go Jim! We deserve it.....it’s been a month now, lot of fishing and catching up on sleep. I was 8 for 8 every day and was 15 minutes early on the job, not like some of today’s workers. But not my problem anymore and screw workplace politics!

para_adams
Master Guide

Post by para_adams »

Great to hear Steve! Now you'll have time to fish a few more of those Burien Hotrodz you make.

Ron

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bugslinger »

Thanks Ron, I was up the hill on a high mountain lake Thursday and a local lake today. Good workout for HRQ today! Fishing anytime I want now!

Bamboocollector#1
Master Guide

Post by Bamboocollector#1 »

Congrats Jim! Enjoy the life!
Previously known as bamboocollector11

Return to “Members Corner”