Bad Actors

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

St Vrain Angler
Master Guide

Bad Actors

Post by St Vrain Angler »

Any way to block bad actors (e.g. "dincot") from posting irrelevant/scamming/damaging messages and links on the Forum?
Regardless, many thanks for all you moderators do.

kevinhaney1
Master Guide

Re: Bad Actors

Post by kevinhaney1 »

One way that would help, I think, would be to require a persons first post to be moderated before it is posted. There have been a lot of probably scammers probing with single word posts lately.

Kevin
Kevin Haney, Vintage Anglers
http://www.vintageanglers.com

Tim Anderson
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tim Anderson »

Report the post by clicking on the exclamation mark in the upper right corner of the post.
Tim

St Vrain Angler
Master Guide

Post by St Vrain Angler »

Thanks, Tim.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

I fully realize this isn't exactly ideal on how to block a user - but this works.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can add the user to your FOE list.

app.php/help/faq

What are my Friends and Foes lists?
You can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Use the SEARCH for justification and reasoning.

Doublegun
Guide

Post by Doublegun »

Just posted a "Rant" about scammers on the General forum.
Around the steel no tortured worm shall toil.

barebo
Master Guide

Post by barebo »

I have some nice books on the classifieds and had an inquiry from someone with 0 (Zero) posts. I replied and the response was an offer for less money and they wanted my payment method preference? Scam - should I decline this to maintain a safe account?

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Report the PM by clicking on the exclamation mark in the PM's body.

Mark

barebo
Master Guide

Post by barebo »

Thank you Mark. I'd read about doing exactly that but was looking for an opinion as to whether or not it was spam, and I believe you answered that .
Will do.

Return to “Technical Support”