Issue with Site Loading

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

dale
Master Guide

Re: Issue with Site Loading

Post by dale »

quashnet wrote:
07/13/22 21:19
Wednesday night: a couple of hours with no access, then access requiring login. Then, Quick links -> New posts -> "No new posts" even though there were posts that were new to me.
A day or two ago, I noticed this problem with "New posts." But "New posts" worked fine for me now.

Dale

dave potts
Guide

Post by dave potts »

Same problem here. Very slow

cappy
Guide

Post by cappy »

Yep its acting up again, not loading, and when it does load I have to log back in.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

I've got a ticket in with Dreamhost. I've noticed it too, and have had to restart the database a few times over the last few days.

Mark

barebo
Master Guide

Post by barebo »

Intermittent for me but will last for an entire day - able to log on next morning.

Woodlakejag
Master Guide

Post by Woodlakejag »

Especially frustrating when you spend 30 minutes drafting a classifieds ad and uploading pictures, then the site goes down and it doesn’t post, but disappears.
Facebook - Bamboo Fly Rod Identification and Value
Instagram - vintagebambooflyrods

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

The problem of the site loading is persisting still. It feels like it's every week once or twice a week that I just can't get in. I know that it's not my internet because it often makes me login again once the site does load. Any word from the host on what the problem is?

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Being a moderator/admin of a fly fishing forum for over 20 years, I try not to complain about site issues on other boards...but this has to be driving down traffic if members can't get on the forums dependably. I hope the hosting site can figure out what the issue is.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

We're in the process of updating our monthly plan for the database. It'll increase the amount of memory allotted to our database, and according to Dreamhost, that appears to be where our problems lie.

I'm intimately aware of the problems we've been having, and have been working a lot with Dreamhost over the last few weeks to get the problem identified, and have a solution to fix it. A little patience is all we require here while we get the problem fixed.

It's the popularity of the forum that's caused the size increase of the database and the amount of memory on the server required to support a database as large as ours has gotten. We're definitely not driving down traffic, if anything the increased traffic has contributed to the issues we've had. Call it growing pains, but we are working on it.

Mark

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

Thanks, Mark, as always.
Mark

steeliefool
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by steeliefool »

wrong66 wrote:
08/05/22 12:38
Thanks, Mark, as always.
Mark
+1
Herding cats is a difficult, time consuming task at best.

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Titelines wrote:
08/05/22 09:40
Call it growing pains, but we are working on it.

Mark
I apologize if I came off as overly critical...as I said, I generally keep my mouth shut regarding these matters having been in your shoes and this probably should have been no exception.

As others said, thank you for the time and energy you put into maintaining the website.

Return to “Technical Support”