Tim Pond 2022

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Tim Pond 2022

Post by Short Tip »

Jeff, will do! And hello to Bill Krohn. Next year!

PK

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Nice report, Jeff! Thanks for sharing it. Good luck on your return trip in a couple of weeks!

Rupert

rhmill01
Sport

Post by rhmill01 »

Tim Pond has a place forever in my heart.

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

rhmill01 wrote:
07/21/22 15:16
Tim Pond has a place forever in my heart.
If you live East of the Mississippi, it's worth a drive.

mwleapjr

Post by mwleapjr »

Thank you for sharing your photos from a trip to Tim Pond. Stayed and fished there in the early 2000s in what I realize now at my age was a once in a lifetime trip with Portland friend, Dave Bowie. Your posts brought back good memories of the fine camp and the top water fishing for the aboriginal brook trout from their wooden boats. Can't remember if we used bamboo rods, but it was certainly a classic trip that all should experience.

boo4life

Post by boo4life »

Enjoyed your photo's. Looks like a little slice of heaven fell on Maine. The rod and reel pic would make a great print for the wall.

hatch
Master Guide

Post by hatch »

Tim Pond camps 35 years ago

Betty Calden Tim Pond Camps Owner 1998 World Fly Fishing Expo Tim Pond Booth. If you look closely you will see 2 Lawrence Irvine fish mounts.
Last edited by hatch on 07/26/22 08:18, edited 2 times in total.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

I especially love to see the pictures of those old Rangeley Rowboats, Tom!

Thanks!

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

Just looked em up. Have been all over the Maine coastal areas, but not the western NH border Lakes area. I know of the rich fishing history that it holds and have always wanted to make the trip. You gents are saying it’s worth it huh…

hatch
Master Guide

Post by hatch »

ReelPatina wrote:
07/25/22 15:01
Just looked em up. Have been all over the Maine coastal areas, but not the western NH border Lakes area. I know of the rich fishing history that it holds and have always wanted to make the trip. You gents are saying it’s worth it huh…
ReelPatina, There are many variables surrounding whether a sport is going to fall in love with a sporting camp. I would say that Tim Pond is worth a try. If what Tim Pond has to offer isn't your cup of tea, at the very least I think you will still have an enjoyable trip. Speaking of Maine sporting camps in general, some clients may show up and never want to leave and others cant get their car turned around quickly enough. Personal preference. You can't please everybody. If I could afford it I would go to Tim every summer.

Flyman615
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flyman615 »

Wow! Coincidentally, I just noticed an ad in The Upland Almanac for Tim Pond Wilderness Camps' hunting opportunities for grouse and woodcock.

That means two of my all-time favorite pastimes are available at one location. What luck!
Talk about a new 'bucket list' entry!

Scott Z. ;)
Flyman615

"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

hatch wrote:
07/25/22 15:19
ReelPatina wrote:
07/25/22 15:01
ReelPatina, There are many variables surrounding whether a sport is going to fall in love with a sporting camp. I would say that Tim Pond is worth a try. If what Tim Pond has to offer isn't your cup of tea, at the very least I think you will still have an enjoyable trip. Speaking of Maine sporting camps in general, some clients may show up and never want to leave and others cant get their car turned around quickly enough. Personal preference. You can't please everybody. If I could afford it I would go to Tim every summer.
I’m pretty easy going and I’m sure it’s a nice experience/place from what I have read on my own and from those of you here also speaking of it in such a nice light.

Most things are worth a try now and again!

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”