New rod, know nothing about it!

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

Bob Loblaw

New rod, know nothing about it!

Post by Bob Loblaw »

I recently acquired a new 7"6' 5 weight in perfect never fished condition. It's not an old rod, but I know nothing about its origin. The only identifying marking is AMDG and what appears to be a painted feather. Any information about it gratefully accepted and a reel/line recommendation would be nice too! I plan to fish it a lot.

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: New rod, know nothing about it!

Post by Webfly »

That feather is actually a Junglecock feather and there are more than a few rod builders that inlay them on their rods. All that I have seen were done on graphite rods. Can't help you with maker, just a tidbit.

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

Is that supposed to be a Garrison taper?

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, I'd say a recent maker. I'll go out on a limb with Golden Witch.....

Jay Edwards

adkfan
Guide

Post by adkfan »

Yea I’d reach out to Golden Witch. It’s the first thing that jumped into my head looking at the pix.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

The winding check and reel seat are both Golden Witch. I don't know how Russ marks his rods, so I can't it is actually one of his.
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”