Travel Rod Taper 4 Piece

The exchange of tapers forum is for classic and personally developed tapers. The definition of classic tapers are those tapers that were developed by rodmakers that are no longer alive. Please understand that rod makers who have developed their tapers, and are active in the community, should not have their tapers cloned, or shared, without their permission, please refrain for asking for those tapers as it infringes on the maker.

Moderator: pvansch1

albertatroutguy
Sport

Travel Rod Taper 4 Piece

Post by albertatroutguy »

I saw in the latest issue of Power Fibers an article on a 4 piece splice ferrule hollowed travel rod. I was thinking making two rods one with splice ferrules and the other with truncated or micro ferrules. I don't think I have the skills to make micro ferrules. I had quick search for tapers but didn't find anything. Does anybody have 8 foot 4 piece 5wt or 6 wt taper they would like to share. If you take an existing taper what do you need to change for the extra pieces. Does hollowing keep the action the same due to the weight added for the extra ferrules. What would be a good starting taper something fast or slow? Thanks

tapermaker
Master Guide

Re: Travel Rod Taper 4 Piece

Post by tapermaker »

I used a 8ft leonard 48df into a 4/2 4 wt using 15 /12/9 truncated cse stepdown ferrules .hollowbuilt through 3 sections .no changes to the taper .it turned out to be my best casting and favorite rod this summer

Return to “Taper Exchange”