TV Yellowstone Op-Ed Ross Douthat

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

TV Yellowstone Op-Ed Ross Douthat

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, NYT editorial about 'the west.'

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/27/opin ... c10aa28f41

Jay Edwards

406tom
Guide

Re: TV Yellowstone Op-Ed Ross Douthat

Post by 406tom »

bluesjay wrote:
07/27/22 23:19
Hi Guys, NYT editorial about 'the west.'

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/27/opin ... c10aa28f41

Jay Edwards
Was going to look at this but had to sign up for "free" subscription with NYT and I can't go for that.

Tom

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Personally, I thought the article was spot on. I don't care for the way it's going here in the west, but the article is correct IMHO.
Mark

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi 406tom, 'Free' may or may not be free. I pay, so.... But a one time may be free. I didn't realize that the links were'nt readable.

Jay Edwards
Last edited by bluesjay on 07/30/22 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

AlexP
Master Guide

Post by AlexP »

I am no fan of Douthat, I enjoy reading the readers' comments more, although I do read his opinion pieces.

I do have a subscription to the NYT, but you can register without paying. It should allow you to read maybe 10 articles for free in a single device. If you have more devices, you can read more articles, for example a smart phone and a computer.

Tight Lines

nativebrownie
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by nativebrownie »

No fan here also - although I, also, often will read his pieces. Agreed, NYT comments are far more of a balanced and interesting consideration.
I enjoy longer writings on important issues - more time to develop a full look at an issue and fewer quick generalizations and inaccurate snapshots.

Douthat, for me, always has too much of an "edge." But maybe that is what sells and that is the problem from my view.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”