<()))>< Yup! Got Her off the Golf Course. :)

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

<()))>< Yup! Got Her off the Golf Course. :)

Post by Hellmtflies »

As addicted to golf as my wife is I finally got her to lay down the clubs and join me for a round of trout fishing. Yea, sure, she loves trout fishing too, but she has become locked into golf as well over the past few years. Anyway, I digress. We got out yesterday and as usual she put the iron to a few beauties and put me in a spot of bother as well. Though I did my best to stay with her I played ghillie much of the day. I had to as she kept lacing into those trout at an awesome rate. Or let's say she lowered her fly-fishing handicap. :) Check it out!
Mark

20"s of a fat Cutthroat;

The stream;

My attempt to stay with her. 15"s of Cutthroat. Taken on a 7'6" 4wt. Karstetter.
Last edited by Hellmtflies on 08/12/22 08:28, edited 2 times in total.

barebo
Master Guide

Re: Yup! Got Her off the Golf Course. :)

Post by barebo »

That is some beautiful country with willing trout and your better half stealing the show, I can't imagine a more perfect day!

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Yup! Got Her off the Golf Course. [emoji3]

Post by ibookje »

What a great stream!

PT48
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PT48 »

Ghillie know thy place, ha, ha!!

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

I've played a lot of beautiful golf courses in my day and that one beats all of them. Also, playing at altitude is kind of weird anyhow!

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

3creeks wrote:
07/28/22 20:28
I've played a lot of beautiful golf courses in my day and that one beats all of them. Also, playing at altitude is kind of weird anyhow!
I understand the thought. But see, I think playing golf at sea level is weird. The ball won't go nearly as far. :) Playing golf at 6,000 feet makes me think I could make the seniors tour. :)

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Hellmtflies wrote:
07/29/22 08:11
3creeks wrote:
07/28/22 20:28
I understand the thought. But see, I think playing golf at sea level is weird. The ball won't go nearly as far. :) Playing golf at 6,000 feet makes me think I could make the seniors tour. :)
We used to vacation in Midway, Utah, and I'd play a course there that made me feel superhuman! Still gotta make those putts, however. ;)

Ray Hencken
Master Guide

Post by Ray Hencken »

Nice spot and nice fish! I've always said that a good day for golf is a better day for fishing!!!! :)

Dwight
Guide

Post by Dwight »

That’s a beautiful stretch of freestone stream! Also beautiful fish - what strain of cutthroat?

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Dwight wrote:
08/07/22 11:38
That’s a beautiful stretch of freestone stream! Also beautiful fish - what strain of cutthroat?
West Slope to the best of my knowledge. it was tough to tell on a few as there were a number of Cutbows around as well.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”