<()))>< Sun Glass Color

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

troutnut
Master Guide

Re: <()))>< Sun Glass Color

Post by troutnut »

I also had my cataracts done. I choose to see far and need to use a bifocal or 2.5 readers. Right now I'm using bronze clip ons, but I'm thinking on prescription polarized in amber or bronze sometime in the near future.

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

troutnut wrote:
08/05/22 11:45
I also had my cataracts done. I choose to see far and need to use a bifocal or 2.5 readers. Right now I'm using bronze clip ons, but I'm thinking on prescription polarized in amber or bronze sometime in the near future.
Try FlexSpex (https://www.flexspex.com) or Clic reading glasses

GMflyf1sh
Guide

Post by GMflyf1sh »

Mark

Use a dark green for daytime high light fishing and yellow for low light conditions. I have been wearing fit overs for 30 plus years - side shields, oversized lenses, and a top shield saves your eyesight in the long run.

greyreefer5
Guide

Post by greyreefer5 »

Buy anything but Costa. You will never get replacement parts.

DrLogik
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by DrLogik »

I have gray, green, yellow, rose, brown and amber colored sunglasses. The pair that I take fishing every time are a light brown-amberish color that are photo-chromatic (Rx Smiths and I LOVE them). I find that gray and green glasses darken everything too much when fishing. They are great for driving or skiing in high sun, but on the water I prefer the vibrant natural colors to show through. The light brown-amber lenses do that.

I can fish from sun up to sun down and never take my Smiths off. Also, polarized is the only way to go, as other posts have said.

JohnMD1022
Master Guide

Post by JohnMD1022 »

KMy first retirement job was delivering auto parts (NAPA), on the road 9 hours a day for 11 1/2 years.

Sunglasses wya necessity, and I kept 3 pairs in my truck.

1. Bright sunny days = Green lense, blue mirror finish.
2. Average days = Amber lenses with green mirror finish
3 . Dark cloudy days = Yellow lenses

I went through a lot of glasses in those years as the hinges wore out from the constant putting them on and off.

red 1
Master Guide

Post by red 1 »

Check out Opticus's web page. They are out of CO. They specialize in expedition and sports glasses. Tons of info and selection.
I want to be buried with my favorite rod.
I hear the Styx River has Fish.

RymanType
Guide

Post by RymanType »

Brown here
Not amber or copper but a true brown

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”