Leonard 6', 3wt - 36L 37H feedback

The exchange of tapers forum is for classic and personally developed tapers. The definition of classic tapers are those tapers that were developed by rodmakers that are no longer alive. Please understand that rod makers who have developed their tapers, and are active in the community, should not have their tapers cloned, or shared, without their permission, please refrain for asking for those tapers as it infringes on the maker.

Moderator: pvansch1

Begbie

Leonard 6', 3wt - 36L 37H feedback

Post by Begbie »

I'm looking to build a little stream brookie rod. I've built several PHY Midges. Love them, but looking for something even a little lighter, small flies, tricos, fish usually no larger than 12 inches.
There are two Leonard 6-foot 3wts listed on the Hexrod page, a 36L and 37H, with very similar taper numbers. My understanding is that they are the same rod and at one point Leonard just changed the naming.
Has anyone built either one, both? Feedback on the feel and action, likes, dislikes, limitations, is appreciated.
Thanks,
B

wbinn
Guide

Re: Leonard 6', 3wt - 36L 37H feedback

Post by wbinn »

I've built 2 of the 36L based on a taper taken from an original 36L. My small stream brookie rod for sure. I can't compare my taper to the 2 you site but I just love this rod.
Winston

Return to “Taper Exchange”