Bruce Howell of Southern Oregon info

Question and answers concerning makers and manufacturers of bamboo fly rods.

Moderator: Titelines

salterlee
Sport

Bruce Howell of Southern Oregon info

Post by salterlee »

Hi there if someone has contact info for Bruce Howell in S. Oregon, could you PM me his email and/or shop number please? Thanks in advance, Al in Maine

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Bruce Howell of Southern Oregon info

Post by roycestearns »

PM sent

JMoon

Post by JMoon »

check your DM

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

I'd love to see some more discussion about Bruce's talents. Joe's section about him in Oregon Bamboo was fairly long and I wanted even more. Bruce is on Instagram (which was a happy surprise to me) so I followed him and his pictures reveal serious talents as a maker as well as a machinist.

salterlee
Sport

Post by salterlee »

Agree with 3creeks. I too read the section about him in Oregon Bamboo and was intrigued, and recently, a few of his photos in IG caught my interest. Thanks everyone for the help with his contact info, I have what I need. I appreciate the help. Al in Maine

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Bruce is on this forum, probably doesn't check in very often.

Bruce is as talented as anyone I've met. Dave Roberts (not the same dave R with the tying material) on the cover of Oregon Bamboo, a retired fishing guide, fly tyer and excellent bamboo rod caster can't say enough about Bruce's Rods. Somebody in So. Oregon needs to get in and document Bruce's skill set, it's beyond incredible. I know he's not interested in repetitive tasks, but he sure enjoys a challenge.

Wonderod

Post by Wonderod »

Interesting. I am looking for a builder that can convert a small two piece bamboo fly rod to an ultra light spinning configuration. The rod will need a new cork handle and guides that will work for spinning of course..
I used to use Jim Clarkson of Raptor Rod Works (Chico CA) but he has retired. Any help or builder info would greatly be appreciated..

MattZilliox
Guide

Post by MattZilliox »

Very cool. I'm right here on the Rogue and have met Dave a few times, but had never heard of Bruce. I'm on it!

Return to “Information About Makers and Manufacturers”