Greetings from Texas

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Walkfar
Sport

Greetings from Texas

Post by Walkfar »

Good morning folks! I've had the pleasure of reading posts and learning from the members of this forum for a number of years but haven't posted until now, and wanted to say hello. I came to fly fishing later than most on this forum - started a little over twenty years ago and have been enjoying bamboo rods for the last decade or so. I retired at the end of February this year, and have been grateful for the new schedule, more time with family and, of course, more time for fishing. I enjoy both fresh and saltwater fishing, but am especially partial to chasing wild trout in small mountain streams in Virginia, northern New Mexico and Colorado. Looking forward to learning more in the days ahead from the members of the forum - the wealth of information here is amazing!
Cheers,
Dennis

Dallasblues
Sport

Re: Greetings from Texas

Post by Dallasblues »

Hey there Walkfar! I’m new here to the forum and am in Dallas too. Just getting into old rods myself!

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bugslinger »

Welcome aboard from Steve in Seattle! Bamboo is a blast to cast and fish with.....my wife and I just retired last June 16!

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

Welcome to the forum. I too retired this year and am enjoying more time for the things I want to do. Looking forward to reading your posts in the future.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Walkfar
Sport

Post by Walkfar »

Good to hear from you folks. Chasing fish on the Texas coast right now - will look forward to posting some questions when I am back in Dallas 🙂

Kave
Guide

Post by Kave »

Walkfar,
Always good to see another classic fly rod enthusiast from Texas.
This forum is like TikTok for old guys that like to wiggle bamboo.
Look forward to your posts.

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

Welcome

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome, Dennis! Maybe we'll run into each other sometime when you're chasing wild trout in the small mountain streams in Virginia, or in Northern NM!

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

How-do from an old Houstonian.
Nice to meet you Dennis.
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

kenwey4534
Guide

Post by kenwey4534 »

Welcome to the forum Dennis!

Return to “Members Corner”