The Wanderings of a Mountain Fly Fisher

An area where you can discuss books about angling, classic tackle, angling literature, your favorite authors, old and new, and any upcoming books you see of interest and of course all the classics as well.

Moderator: Whitefish Press

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

The Wanderings of a Mountain Fly Fisher

Post by Hellmtflies »

Newly released "The Wanderings of a Mountain Fly Fisher" by Ed Ostapczuk. Published by Epigraph Books is one for the folks in and around the northeastern part of the country. Anyone, like myself, that cut their teeth trout fishing in and around New York, New Jersey and Shenandoa National Park may find this read to be a trip down memory lane. Is this book going to make it to the New York Times best seller list? No, but after having plowed thorough it I was awash in memories of places I often fished years ago and had me wondering how many others fished the same areas. How many others I may have crossed paths with over the years spent there and who may I have met that experienced the same wonderment of the wild trout of that area. A small market of folks for sure but worth the price of admission. I may add that the Red-Butt Cone Head Wooly Bugger mentioned in chapter with the same name on page 151 is a killing pattern out here in Big Sky Country as well. Tie a few and give them a spin. My two cents.
Mark

Return to “Book Talk”