A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Kono
Sport

Post by Kono »

Hello I am Bob (Kono) I rebuild old rods that have been neglected and left for dead. this is just a hobby for me not a business. I do like to identify the rods i work on if possible.

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: new member

Post by bugslinger »

Welcome aboard Bob from Steve in Seattle! Do you redo bamboo, fiberglass, graphite or all? I’ve been building rods for 36+ years so far.....

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell »

New member olde guy. Joined to sell my three bamboo rods. Rick Fick was a good friend of mine and every time he came to my Pa cabin he brought me a new flyrod. My health doesn't allow me to fish anymore and I would like to see these rods get into the hands of someone who would appreciate them. Rick built a top class rod. Would like to sell them face to face.

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell »

Past vice president of trout unlimited ohio council. Fly fished the many Coldwater tributaries of the Allegheny river in nw Pennsylvania since I was a kid. Fished the Manistee river north of grayling Michigan during the hex hatch. Taken many fishermen out at night to fish for liunker browns. Also loved fishing for brookies. Almost flunked out of college repairing bamboo rods. Had a bioscope and could replace individual strands correctly and glue them. Should have been studying.

Kono
Sport

Post by Kono »

bugslinger wrote:
09/15/22 14:07
Welcome aboard Bob from Steve in Seattle! Do you redo bamboo, fiberglass, graphite or all? I’ve been building rods for 36+ years so far.....
I started in 2021 with a Horrock Ibbotson that I fished for 20 years that started to fall apart. sense then I have done 10 rods 9 Bamboo and a 1950 St.Cory first generation fiberglass.
I mainly up date the rods to a 9 or 10 guides and a new real set if needed. This has turned out to be an obsessions' i am always looking for a new rod to do.

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

Return to “Members Corner”