Bob Corsetti

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

BruceHandley
Bamboo Fanatic

Bob Corsetti

Post by BruceHandley »

Our bamboo community just got a bit smaller. I just got a phone call from Bob Corsettis wife telling me that he had died. He pasted on wed. the 14th. I just lost another very good friend, I will miss him, thats for sure, after Langs live auctions, we stayed in touch by phone.
I'm sure there are many on this board that knew Bob on one level or another, he was a great guy to spend time with.
Bruce Handley

Bamboocollector#1
Master Guide

Re: Bob Corsetti

Post by Bamboocollector#1 »

So sad to hear about Bob. What a great guy! He will be sorely missed!
Previously known as bamboocollector11

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

The loss of a legend.

viewtopic.php?t=83425

Bob will be dearly missed.
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

You either like cane fly rods - or you don't.

adrien schnee
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by adrien schnee »

Very sorry to hear of Bob’s passing, he was a real gentleman. Thank you for letting us know Bruce, and I’m sorry for your loss - there’s a real void in our lives when a close friend passes on. My sympathies to his family and to others that were close to him.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

My condolences to Bob’s friends and family. In my interactions with Bob he was always helpful and knowledgeable. The angling community has lost a great treasure.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Tommasini
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tommasini »

Sorry to hear of the loss of Bob. I dealt and laughed with Bob for many years. Still remember he and Len Codella sitting together at Lang's famous "Rod Dump" in the early 2000's.

JerryG
Sport

Post by JerryG »

Bruce, Thank you for the notice. Sorry for your loss & for our loss. We all had a great time with Bob back in the day of Lang's. Allentown & other shows. I have many great memories of him. Jerry

Seabowisha Salmo T
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Seabowisha Salmo T »

r. i. p., bob
jim

reelsmith
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by reelsmith »

I had just heard this yesterday. Very sad. I enjoyed setting up next to Bob at the Boxborough shows. Just a great guy to be around and to deal with.

RIP, my friend.

Dean.
Last edited by reelsmith on 09/19/22 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Carlson Rod
Master Guide

Post by Carlson Rod »

Just heard yesterday as well, sad to hear of his passing.
Bob was a good guy, a friend and a straight shooter. I knew him for a lot of years.
RIP, Bob

RWHoffhines
Master Guide

Post by RWHoffhines »

A good guy. Sold a few early rods of mine. Was always encouraging. R.I.P.

St Vrain Angler
Master Guide

Post by St Vrain Angler »

Bob Corsetti and his catalogs were an important part of my bamboo education.
My sincere sympathies to his family and all who were close.

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

Bob was kind and generous with his time when I asked him the questions of a beginning rod collector at Boxborough.
RIP

Jeff

reelsmith
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by reelsmith »

I had just heard this yesterday. Very sad. I enjoyed setting up next to Bob at the Boxborough shows. Just a great guy to be around and to deal with.

RIP, my friend.

Dean.

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

I did not know Bob, but took the time to look through different models of his Peerless reels. Very attractive and I’m sure fun to fish. Sorry for your loss Bruce and for everyone who was close to Bob. I wish I could have met him. Blessings and condolences to all his friends and to his family. Jed
Fefferfly

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

I wonder does anyone have a photo of Bob they would like to share? For me it’s important because I never met him . For those that knew him it would be a fitting memorial. Thanks, Jed
Fefferfly

cwfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by cwfly »

BruceHandley wrote:
09/16/22 20:04
Our bamboo community just got a bit smaller. I just got a phone call from Bob Corsettis wife telling me that he had died. He pasted on wed. the 14th. I just lost another very good friend, I will miss him, thats for sure, after Langs live auctions, we stayed in touch by phone.
I'm sure there are many on this board that knew Bob on one level or another, he was a great guy to spend time with.
Bruce Handley
Bruce, I am very sorry for the loss of your good friend. I had learned a lot from Bob in Boxborough and had several very fair dealings.
Charlie
"History has a beloved cousin who has the family eyes and nose
but is a rather different creature - myth." Ken Cameron,
The American Fly Fisher, v. 28, n. 1, Winter, 2002, (AMFF, Manchester, Vt., 2002).

royalwulff
Guide

Post by royalwulff »

After so many years of being a dealer for Bob, I missed our camaraderie when he stopped building. But our relationship continued with the enormous amount of vintage rod knowledge that he so graciously shared with me. Of course our conversations would stray from fly fishing to various subjects.
Not only a loss of amazing workmanship, but an amazing friend. Wishing a peaceful time for his family coming to terms with the loss of a wonderful man and craftsman.
Mike Clark

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

Very sorry to hear about his passing. A fond memory of mine was being encouraged by Bob to hold and wind his reels at my very first Boxborough Show years ago while attending with my father. A very happy memory for me indeed.

Return to “Forum Announcements”