Reel restoration

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

salmonid1
Guide

Reel restoration

Post by salmonid1 »

I need a talented reel refinisher for a Hardy St George. Any help I can get would be appreciated. For many years Ron Rutkowski was doing it for me but apparently no longer. Think health issues. clisella@aol.com

J Gustavsson
Master Guide

Re: Reel restoration

Post by J Gustavsson »

Dont know if John Mackenzie is still doing work like this. But you could ask . He is Restoration on this forum. He is an expert on such matters.

Skickat från min Redmi Note 5 via Tapatalk

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

I can happily and fully recommend Mr. John Mackenzie. Feel free to PM me for reference and discussion.

flyuvo
Guide

Post by flyuvo »

+1 for John, always impressed by his work! …. And his fine way of communication….

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

One of several valuable projects Mr. Mackenzie completed for me earlier in the year and PROPERLY as if in the hands of the original production crew for repair. I can not think of a more fitting description of my opinion and that is specifically what I told the man myself when I called him after receiving it.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

A link to repairs :

viewtopic.php?t=119957
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

Return to “Classic Reels”