Montague old rod

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

Kono
Sport

Montague old rod

Post by Kono »

I hope this is a new post to people that have Montague rods.
I am restoring a pre war rod, Dose anyone know what size and type of stripping guide was used? this is a 10'3" rod with 7 guides total. I have the first two guides and the guide 4 in the middle section.
one more thing the tip is spiral wrapped for 14 " I have not come across this before any idea why and I have not seen this on any other Montaque rod.

I have added a pix of the Barber Pole wrap I am trying to mach. Has anyone ever seen this type of wrap on a Montaque rod?

OK found a new TWIST in the guides on this rod the guide wire are twisted from the left to the right. I have never seen this stile before. I have attached a pix of the 3 guides that were still on the rod when i got it. any help to where and when would be great.
Thanks for the help.
bob

Dose any know if they used a Stripping guide or just a large snake guide.

Last edited by Kono on 10/08/22 23:17, edited 4 times in total.

Recidivist13
Guide

Re: Montague old rod

Post by Recidivist13 »

If you could add some photos I'm sure it would help the assembled brains trust with advice for you

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”