Annual Christmas Gift Box Swap

A place to discuss the collecting and tying of classic flies, the tyers who made them famous, the tools, materials and techniques they used as well as the waters they were designed for. While classic is generally used to describe old things, classic is also used in the sense of first class or in the highest form. Therefore a fully dressed Salmon Fly, or a Carrie Stevens Streamer are just as much classics as a Chernobyl Ant would be. Enjoy the forum.

Moderators: Ken M 44, joaniebo

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Annual Christmas Gift Box Swap

Post by bassman »

I will once again run the Annual Christmas Box Swap centered on FTF site. It is a nice way to be sure of at least one fly fishing gift under the tree this year and all info and sign up sheet is on the FTF forum. You are welcome to post to this thread and I will put you in on the FTF. It's been a lot of fun the past years and has normally been around 30 fly boxes of various type of flies to fit your fishing and tying style. Nick, AKA Vicrider...Bassman

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... wap-again/

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Annual Christmas Gift Box Swap

Post by bassman »

C'mon guys. We all tie more than we ever will use so have some fun, put a bunch of you favorites you like to tie in a nice box and get a nice wrapped package back to put under the tree. We have averaged over 30 participants from Canada to Australia in past years and would like to see more people from this group, many of whom I know are excellent tiers, sign up with us. A few who are members of both boards have signed in over there but want to see more from here sign in.

Nick

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

Already getting in some real nice boxes of flies for exchange and some nice extras to pass along as stocking stuffers. Would really like to see more of the tying crowd on this site jump in. We all have a few unused fly boxes and lots of extra flies around and it's a change to make a nice exchange of gifts and maybe get something you've been looking for and just didn't know it.

Saint Nick...

AlexP
Master Guide

Post by AlexP »

Sorry Nick, I have to pass this time around. I am back working at the office and my tying time is gone + I will be in Spain for Xmas with the family. No complaining, life is good.

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

Thanks Alex. I hear there is some great fishing in Spain but you have to know Spanish to talk them into biting. Work is good and vacation with family is great. Merry Christmas and holidays to you and yours.

alberta al
Master Guide

Post by alberta al »

Nick,

My flies sent on Monday.

Alan

dadof6
Sport

Post by dadof6 »

I received my flies today. Thank you for hosting the swap, Nick. Happy Holidays!

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

For those of you who participated, thank you for making this a great exchange. I think when all was said and done Santa sent out over 35 boxes and other gifts. I health gets me through another year I would plan to do this again next year so JustinHartm keep an eye out for this. We do a lot of fly swaps on this other site and occasionally a few here. I will delete this thread in a couple of days. Just wanted to get in one more thank you.

https://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php ... -contests/

Return to “Collecting and Tying Classic Flies”