Newby looking for information

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Cabinguy71

Newby looking for information

Post by Cabinguy71 »

New to the forums.Live in Alaska and recently started to collect vintage rods and reels.I have a 1960s Berkley bc90-12’ and cant seem to find any information on it.I know it is 12’ and also a cane rod.Any information would be great.Also have a 1960s vintage b90-9’.Sent a message to Berkley and they cant go back that far in their records.Also messaged ORCA and was told to join a forum to find information.

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Newby looking for information

Post by bugslinger »

Are these rods fiberglass? If so, try the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum for answers, better chance for information. Good luck.

barebo
Master Guide

Re: Newby looking for information

Post by barebo »

I'd have to ask 2 questions. What details are you basing the fact that the rods are cane, and could you provide a close up photo or 2 of the rod - grip and the blank just above with the Berkley script.
No expert, but I never knew Berkley to make cane rods. I think bugslinger nailed it.

Return to “Members Corner”