Virus

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Virus

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, I got a virus alert/virus from clicking on a link to a Powerfibers article by Bob Maulucci about whether a rod 'softens' over time. It is in the collecting category. It was from, I think 2013.

Jay Edwards
Last edited by bluesjay on 10/14/22 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Titelines
Administrator

Re: Virus

Post by Titelines »

What post are you talking about?

Mark

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Virus

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, I'm sorry Mark, I got sloppy probably because of the 'hack.' It was a link I clicked on in this post:

'Cane fibers becomes soft over time?'

I think Bob Maluchi had posted the link which is in the second part of the post. It was alarming. I didn't succumb, and all is good now. I had a tech look at the computer and he said it was all in Google Chrome and no harm was done. It was hackers who told me on the phone that I'd been hacked and they wanted money. They said not to turn off the computer 'OR ELSE!' So I hung up and turned off the computer and ran a scan. My tech charged me $5. He's a pastor so I gave him $10 and said to put the rest in the collection plate. All is good now, but those guys could be still hanging around.

Return to “Technical Support”