New Member in AZ

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

ChrisPinAZ

New Member in AZ

Post by ChrisPinAZ »

Hello,
New member here. Been fly fishing for around 30 years and just started collecting as well.
I mostly fish in Northern AZ and the Durango Colorado Area but carry a rod everywhere I go. I travel a bit for work and have fished in some interesting places Including Morocco and Brazil.
Small streams are my favorite but my sister and I are having a skiff made by Boulder boats for some larger stuff. Looking forward to that Early next year.

Chris

mentorsteve
Sport

Re: New Member in AZ

Post by mentorsteve »

I too prefer small water. Welcome. Mark.

Arubey
Guide

Post by Arubey »

Greetings from your neighbor in NM, Chris. Small streams in this part of the country are wonderful places.
I hope your Divine sees plenty of time on the water.

Welcome to the forum!

best,
Andy
A. Rubey Rod Co.
rubeyrods.com

1streamcaster

Post by 1streamcaster »

Hey, Chris! I fish the small streams in the San Gabriels of So Cal when I visit my son, who's a prof at Cal State Long Beach. I fish an early generation fiberglass Heddon Pal Pro Weight #8381 (a 7' 5 wt) or a much more modern 7' 4 wt glass rod built by Woronoco Rod Co. What bamboo rod(s) do you use in your AZ small streams?

Fish on!
Peter

ChrisPinAZ

Post by ChrisPinAZ »

Hi Peter,
On the Black River I was using a no name bamboo rod I had picked up years ago. Switched over to fiberglass at one point. My favorite right now is a 5wt glass rod made by Jacob Rash out of Durango area. All i can say its sweeeeet. He is currently making me a larger version 8wt for streamer fishing up in Durango on the Animas and on the San Juan in NM.

I did pick up 3 bamboo rods just recently including this: viewtopic.php?p=962497#p962497
Absolutely something I will be using for streamers. The other two, another Divine and a sweet little 4/5wt Ralph Moon are shorter rigs more appropriate for small spring fed streams like those pouring into the Piedra (plenty of underfished areas here if you like to explore) over by Chimney Rock or the very upper reaches of the Rio Grande, another gem if you like small streams.............

Chris

Return to “Members Corner”