Classified Notifications

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Bucktrout
Master Guide

Classified Notifications

Post by Bucktrout »

I’m no longer receiving the classified notifications to my email. Is that function no longer available or is there a setting in my account that needs to be changed?

Thanks,
Eric

Titelines
Administrator

Re: Classified Notifications

Post by Titelines »

Hi Eric,

I'll look into it when I get home from work today.

Mark

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

I noticed I no longer received PM notifications yesterday. Not sure what has happened, but it feels like something changed.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Well, the fix I tried didn't work. I'll keep plugging away at it this weekend.

Mark

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Not sure if I fixed it or not, but I started receiving notifications again this morning.

Mark

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Okay, also check your notification options in your control panel under the Board Preferences tab and make sure you are set up the way you want.

Also if you wish to be subscribed to a forum and get notifications go into the forum you want to be subscribed to and go to the bottom left of the forum page and uncheck the box next to where it says "Subscribe Forums". It's kind of backwards the way they say it for what it does. If you uncheck the box, it'll say "Unsubscribe Forum" but it means you are subscribed to that forum.

Mark

Bucktrout
Master Guide

Post by Bucktrout »

Mark,

Thanks for looking into this issue. I checked my settings and they look as you described. Hopefully I’ll start getting the notifications

Eric

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Bucktrout wrote:
10/29/22 11:48
Mark,

Thanks for looking into this issue. I checked my settings and they look as you described. Hopefully I’ll start getting the notifications

Eric
Eric,

Double check to make sure the box in the Classifieds forum is unchecked. You can also see in your control panel under "Overview" > "Manage Subscriptions" to see if you are still subscribed to the forum and/or topics.

Mark

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

I've checked all my settings, and still not receiving anything. I believe something is still not quite right. Thanks for your work on this.
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Bucktrout
Master Guide

Post by Bucktrout »

Hi Mark,

Checked both places and they look as they should. Unfortunately, not receiving emails. Not such a big deal but is nice

Eric

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Eric,

I'll send a PM to you. Let me know if you receive a notification email. Also, are you receiving a notification email to this topic when I reply?

Mark

Bucktrout
Master Guide

Post by Bucktrout »

Hi Mark,

I didn’t receive a notification for the PM and haven’t been receiving them for your replies to this thread

Eric

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Eric,

If you go into your user control panel, and click on the manage subscriptions, does this topic show up under the "Watched Topics"?

Mark

Bucktrout
Master Guide

Post by Bucktrout »

Titelines wrote:
11/01/22 09:52
Eric,

If you go into your user control panel, and click on the manage subscriptions, does this topic show up under the "Watched Topics"?

Mark
Yes the Classifieds do. It’s the only one that I use to receive notifications from

Bucktrout
Master Guide

Post by Bucktrout »

Hi Mark,

Not sure what happened. The dam burst loose and got several dozen notifications. Seems to be working now

Thanks,
Eric

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Check your other folders in your email. I use Gmail and there's a primary folder where most things arrive at, but then a social and a promotions folder and some of the notifications have been going to those folders. Thankfully nothing has gone to my spam folder from the forum.

Jeff

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

It may be that our forum has been finally removed from the black lists we were on. Hopefully, we'll not end up back on them again.

Mark

Return to “Technical Support”