Heddon 1 3/4 f 9ft taper wanted

The exchange of tapers forum is for classic and personally developed tapers. The definition of classic tapers are those tapers that were developed by rodmakers that are no longer alive. Please understand that rod makers who have developed their tapers, and are active in the community, should not have their tapers cloned, or shared, without their permission, please refrain for asking for those tapers as it infringes on the maker.

Moderator: pvansch1

SamNielson
Guide

Heddon 1 3/4 f 9ft taper wanted

Post by SamNielson »

I have been looking about for a Heddon 1 3/4 f 8.5ft taper for awhile. I understand that the Heddon model numbers don't really matter but the ferrule designation tells the taper. I can find a lot of 1 3/4f tapers in 7ft-8ft, but not really a 8.5ft taper.

There is one taper in David Ray's that is a 9ft 5wt taper. But nothing to indicate it is a 1 3/4f one. (it may be, though) So call me suspicious in not wanting to assume and use that one.

Could someone be willing to send me the taper, who has a 8.5ft 1 3/4f rod? I have one, a #10, but it is a single tip and I know the tip is not a Heddon tip. It is longer than it should be as well. The mid and butt both are in decent shape. I could probably come up with something taper-wise for a tip, but I'd rather get some more accurate/correct numbers for the taper. I'd like the feel of the rod to be as intended from Heddon, after I get done with it. Especially if I take the time to refinish and re-guide the rod.

I've been trying to get my hands on the Heddon book, on and on for about 5+ years, but no real luck with that at this point. I've assumed that the Heddon book would have a listing of all the Heddon tapers in it?

Thanks for your patience.
Sam Nielson

RAZINGKANE
Guide

Re: Heddon 1 3/4 f 9ft taper wanted

Post by RAZINGKANE »

PM Sent

Return to “Taper Exchange”