Thanks to greyreefer5!

A place to discuss the collecting and tying of classic flies, the tyers who made them famous, the tools, materials and techniques they used as well as the waters they were designed for. While classic is generally used to describe old things, classic is also used in the sense of first class or in the highest form. Therefore a fully dressed Salmon Fly, or a Carrie Stevens Streamer are just as much classics as a Chernobyl Ant would be. Enjoy the forum.

Moderators: Ken M 44, joaniebo

BDNGRD
Sport

Thanks to greyreefer5!

Post by BDNGRD »

We have an activity period at the high school where I teach and once a week in my classroom we tie flies. We have about a dozen boys and girls who are regular club members and are pretty enthusiastic about learning to tie. It is fun to take a break from academic subjects and tie for a while. Most weeks we have a pattern that we choose for the week, and sometimes, as they call it, we just "freetie"!
Greyreefer5 sent us a box of materials as a donation and it came today, full of nice, high quality materials that will be awesome for our club, and I just wanted to give a shoutout to him for his generosity and kindness, my students are thrilled to have new materials to tie with!
Great people in this forum!

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Thanks to greyreefer5!

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Great stuff - if you get any pics of the kids tying up the flies... post them.
The smile will be on all our faces too!
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

Return to “Collecting and Tying Classic Flies”