Email Address Check

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Titelines
Administrator

Email Address Check

Post by Titelines »

Hi All,

Need everybody to check their email address you use for the forum. Turns out there are quite a few folks who have old email addresses that don't exist anymore, and it's causing the forum mailer to keep attempting to deliver the messages. Unfortunately, that has caused the forum email address to end up on a few Black Hole Lists as a spammer forum. This is probably why some folks are having issues getting notification emails for topics and forums.

Please do this as soon as possible so we can get the forum off those spam lists and we can get back to normal.

Thanks,
Mark

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Email Address Check

Post by SpringCreek »

Checked my email. My address is fine, yet I have not received any notification in over a month.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

SpringCreek wrote:
11/02/22 17:31
Checked my email. My address is fine, yet I have not received any notification in over a month.

Jim
That's probably because our forum was placed on the Blackhole lists as I mentioned above and your ISP uses those lists that show us as spammers and is blocking our emails.

Working on getting this all fixed, but it might be a little while.

Mark

flyfishermann1955
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishermann1955 »

Mark,

How do I accomplish this check of my e-mail address?

Thanks- Ken

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Ken,

Open up your User Control Panel, up top under your username link, then click on the Profile tab, then select "Edit Account Settings." You should see the email address there for your account.

Mark

flyfishermann1955
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishermann1955 »

Mark,

I appreciate the info. My e-mail address is correct. I had received a few PMs recently without getting an e-mail; however, I did receive an e-mail for the latest PM.

Thanks- Ken

Return to “Forum Announcements”