steve monroe's loss

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

mikec
Guide

steve monroe's loss

Post by mikec »

i am going to repost something tom smithwick posted under the catskill gathering subject line. i hope to reach a wider audience, as the response we have recieved to date is not what i had hoped for.

As noted above, Steve Monroe of Classic Sporting Enterprises suffered the loss of a bag of H L Leonard reel seat end caps which “disappeared” from his booth at the Catskill Gathering. Many of us appreciate the contributions and support that this company has long provided to the rod making community, and are deeply disturbed by this turn of events. We have decided to take up a collection to try to compensate Steve for the financial loss involved. We are asking those who attended the event, and anyone else who who wants to assist CSE, to consider making a $10 dollar donation to the fund, or whatever amount you feel is comfortable for you to donate.
Contributions should be made by mailing a check to the Catskill Center:
Catskill Fly Fishing Center
1031 Old Route 17
Livingston Manor, NY 12758

On the note line of the check and on the envelope, please write "RG Donation” to avoid any confusion. The support of the Catskill Center’s management and staff for this effort is much appreciated.

Return to “Forum Announcements”