Phillipson Pwr Pakt 6' spin & Uslan Airex 7' spin: Appraisals

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

ozarkwater
Master Guide

Phillipson Pwr Pakt 6' spin & Uslan Airex 7' spin: Appraisals

Post by ozarkwater »

Hope I have all the parameters listed!

Would like appraisals and evaluations of the following. Did a search here, nothing recent that I could find. I intend to put up for sale. Had them for the Mrs. and...going to list them.

Phillipson: Power Pakt 6' 2/1 Inspector C8 6' and 4 1/2oz scripted [ forgot that picture ] original bag. I would rank an 8 on the scale. Cleaned, varnish buffed out and very light overcoat. Wraps restored [ via the forum's recommendations ] and the wraps are original. Older varnish removed and lightly recoated. Ferrules fit. Reel seat does a dig in the plastic barrel. Ferrule is a 16/64. Wraps, ferrules, guides - solid.

Uslan Airex: Light 7' 2/1 original bag. Would rank an 8 on the scale here as well. Cleaned, varnish buffed out and very light overcoat. Wraps restored [ this work was done by an outside west coast rod restoration person ] and the wraps are original. Older varnish removed and lightly recoated. Ferrules fit. Ferrule is a 16/64. Wraps, ferrules, guides - solid.

Thank you!

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Phillipson Pwr Pakt 6' spin & Uslan Airex 7' spin: Appraisals

Post by Webfly »

Recent sales on Phillipson- $150-$200, but wouldn't expect to get that if sold on this forum, going in to non fishing season. I would think pretty close to the same on the Uslan.

Bamboocollector#1
Master Guide

Post by Bamboocollector#1 »

Uslan Airex's - $70-$100. They are still pretty low priced.
Previously known as bamboocollector11

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Webfly »

After looking a little deeper, I would agree.

Flyman615
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flyman615 »

Ditto. Spin and bait casting rods of all makes are exceedingly hard to sell.

Scott Z.
Flyman615

"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

ozarkwater
Master Guide

Post by ozarkwater »

Agreed. Not like fly rods! The casters are a niche all to their own.

I like them though - as our small mouth, large mouth and some other species offer some opportunities during the June to end of August time frame.

Thank you guys.

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”