Private messages question

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

AlanD

Private messages question

Post by AlanD »

I've been a member of this forum since September 2018. And though I've purchased a couple of items from sellers, I have not actively posted on the forum, even though I check the for-sale listings almost daily. My question is this: I want to post some Hardy and Billy Pate reels and spools for sale. In the past I have communicated with sellers via private message. It looks like a new policy was put in place in July restricting PMs for new members until they have 10 posts. Because I've been a member for 4+ years, do I still have PM privileges or must I communicate with potential buyers via email? I don't want to get on the bad side of the law before I even get started.

Titelines
Administrator

Re: Private messages question

Post by Titelines »

Theoretically, you need 10 posts to be able to PM other users. It's a bit messed up at the moment, since it seems to allow some users to PM with less than 10 posts but other users can't PM. Still working on that glitch. You'll probably have to use email to contact potential buyers/sellers.

Mark

Return to “Technical Support”