Bo Mohlin reel

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

Ids schukken

Bo Mohlin reel

Post by Ids schukken »

Is it possible to change a Bo Mohlin double action reel from RHW to LHW.Can I rebuild or buy new parts? I have try contact Bo Mohlin,but it is’t possible too reach him.

Bugtussel
Guide

Re: Bo Mohlin reel

Post by Bugtussel »

I edited this because originally I had suggested this might be best put on the CLASSIC REELS portion of the forum but I am happy to see you are getting some help from the great folks here so in the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna.....NEVERMIND.

:D
Last edited by Bugtussel on 12/23/22 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Howdy Ids - I know this isn't the answer you wanted right now.
Questions answered on his website : https://www.bomohlin.com/frequently-asked-questions/
Good stuff - super duper information above.

Hand Wind Direction of a Mohlin Reel

Question: Is it possible to have the Hand Wind Direction changed?
Answer: No, it is not possible to change the Hand Wind Direction. A Mohlin reel is either Left Hand Wind or Right Hand Wind.

Send your Mohlin reel to:
Bo Mohlin
Beatelundsvägen 5
572 76 Fårbo
Sweden
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

You either like cane fly rods - or you don't.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

Have you tried reaching out to Erik van den Berg (fishingwildplaces.com)? He has sold reels for Bo Mohlin in the past and may have some insight.
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Return to “Classic Reels”